Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
SFO AS BR closed June 2014.

AS moved terminals August 20th.

AS started using the SFO CX Lounge August 22, 2014 for Boardroom members.

Please follow discussion of the CX SFO lounge here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23453275-post205.html
Print Wikipost

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2013, 6:26 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The optimist in my hopes that AS takes over the amazing former NWA international World Club/now SkyClub when DL stops the SFO-NRT flight.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:02 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
The optimist in my hopes that AS takes over the amazing former NWA international World Club/now SkyClub when DL stops the SFO-NRT flight.
I also wish the same, but given the layoff notices think it's doubtful.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Platinum, AMEX/Platinum
Originally Posted by edgewood49
you know AMEX PLT is losing a lot of it's luster as well. It might just be a sign of the times for all of us travelers. I for one is beginning to re visit AMEX PLT versus other cards.
The new AMEX Centurion lounges in DFW and LAS are very nice and make the Amex Platinum worthwhile for me. Hot meals and great beverages. If The Club or AMEX opened a location at SFO that would cover AS flights while the Skyclub would cover my DL flights.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:14 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Travelincomfort
The new AMEX Centurion lounges in DFW and LAS are very nice and make the Amex Platinum worthwhile for me. Hot meals and great beverages. If The Club or AMEX opened a location at SFO that would cover AS flights while the Skyclub would cover my DL flights.
Do you have to have the plain jane AMEX PLT card or does the DL platinum card give you access as well? The lady has the DL card. I have the gold lame DL card which in fact is being canceled as soon as I acrrue another 5,000 miles
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by ANC
Do you have to have the plain jane AMEX PLT card or does the DL platinum card give you access as well? The lady has the DL card. I have the gold lame DL card which in fact is being canceled as soon as I acrrue another 5,000 miles
you need the PLT to get into the clubs The problem with the AMEX club response is that they are very limited in availability they have a lot of catching up to become effective. The PP that they sent to us a few years ago is great for international travel but requires you to pay for your spouse to use club. Not happy about that. It was very useful in US until UA canceled the agreement. And now AA/USAIR has also cancelled.

There are more cancellations that advances thats my issue and one that is making me begin to look around. I have voiced my opinion to AMEX with not even a response ! My average monthly charge is 30K all paid in full, so one would think AMEX would care, nope !
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by edgewood49
There are more cancellations that advances thats my issue and one that is making me begin to look around. I have voiced my opinion to AMEX with not even a response ! My average monthly charge is 30K all paid in full, so one would think AMEX would care, nope !
While the lack of response is inexcusable, the sad fact is that the agreements that UA (and now others) have with their credit card companies apparently prohibit perks from competing credit cards.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
While the lack of response is inexcusable, the sad fact is that the agreements that UA (and now others) have with their credit card companies apparently prohibit perks from competing credit cards.
I know it's very apparent thats the way it's going and AMEX is being left out in the cold save for DL. And the Priority Pass while a very good option it still makes you pay for spouse/traveling companion to pay.

Sadly 2014 is going to bring on much more in the way of changes to flying especially to us FF. Just look at the "food fight" AS/DL is having. I can tell you it has employees and FF like me spooked. As I have said before, I sit on two boards and things like this just don't happen their planned and its way up the food chain.

Happy New Year !
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Travelincomfort
If The Club or AMEX opened a location at SFO that would cover AS flights while the Skyclub would cover my DL flights.
IMHO this is highly unlikely because AMEX is opening a lounge in the United/Star terminal.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:54 am

Realistically, they've got to have some plan for SFO. Quite simply, not having lounge access in SFO will be a real slap in the face to people who just renewed their board room membership.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, SPG, Marriott Rewards
Disappointing news… as a regular PDX-SFO flyer I’d visit whenever I got the chance (a.k.a. delayed)… for me this continues to slowly tip the scale towards moving to another carrier.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
Realistically, they've got to have some plan for SFO. Quite simply, not having lounge access in SFO will be a real slap in the face to people who just renewed their board room membership.
well look at San Diego, they have greatly expanded there is a vacant club room sitting there and nothing nothing !

Nope I see a slight contraction
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
United had a nice lounge in the wing that AS uses for its flights from SAN. I wonder what happened to it when United moved to Terminal 2 in August. Should AS have the budget, it seems like a very easy thing for them to take over.
That space was still there and unused when I was at SAN in November. I emailed Brad Tilden suggesting they open a Boardroom there. He said he'd forward the input.

But the trend seems to be more toward closing rooms than opening them, doesn't it. I gave up my Boardroom membership.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:48 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Has anyone reached out to Alaska via email/twitter etc and gotten a response?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
If AS moves into the international terminal at SFO (presumably the A wing), does anyone know if any of the lounges there take Priority Pass?

AS seems under assault on many flanks, but with DL beefing up SFO-SEA and UA also having announced that they are beefing up SFO-SEA, perhaps AS has decided not to put up much of a fight and retrench there until the dust settles.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, Marriott
I emailed the Board Room information address and received a quick response which confirmed that the SFO Board Room will close sometime in 2014. The representative stated that Alaska is working with Delta to provide access to the SFO SkyClubs for Board Room members after the BR closes.

I also asked about San Diego and received a response that they are not currently planning on opening a Board Room there but that they do take member feedback into account for their plans.

I pointed out that the value, to me, of the BR membership is going down -- especially when compared to joining Delta's SkyClub directly. Maybe more of us need to make this clear directly to the program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.