Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
SFO AS BR closed June 2014.

AS moved terminals August 20th.

AS started using the SFO CX Lounge August 22, 2014 for Boardroom members.

Please follow discussion of the CX SFO lounge here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23453275-post205.html
Print Wikipost

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:27 pm

So what IS the short-term BR plan at SFO? I can't believe they'd have no viable option in that market.......or would they?
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by bofc
So what IS the short-term BR plan at SFO? I can't believe they'd have no viable option in that market.......or would they?
Aside from the DL SC not sure there is one.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Aside from the DL SC not sure there is one.
There are a number of lounges upstairs. I'm sure it is all a matter of price per visit and offerings. "Nice international longhaul carrier" isn't going to want to have AS BR pax eat and drink a decent spread at $x per visit, and AS isn't going to want to pay $xx per visit - especially with certain hours that have their own passengers and space limitations. Having the "AS Pen" portion of a lounge where "you can't eat that" just won't work.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by bofc
I don't think there is much of a plan. Int'l A, while expected to last for several years, is still a temporary home. Cost will surely factor into their decision. They haven't done anything about the N gates or the overcrowding in SEA, and that is a more permanent situation.

The arrangement at YVR with Plaza Premium has been pretty nice. They offer more food than AS ever has, and they recently expanded the seating capacity in the lounge. The newer section has more electrical outlets than the older section. However, I think the number of Boardroom members passing through YVR is pretty small with just 3-737 departures to LAX and the handful of QX flights to SEA/PDX each day. By comparison, the SFO boardroom used to get packed to the gills in the afternoon.

It's very disappointing. More and more of my AS flights are from airports with no club.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 4:11 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I wonder what will become of the former NWA WC/DL SC in International A. IMHO it was the nicest domestic Dl lounge----although would be quite large for a Board Room. It was located just past security to the left, below the AF lounge.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:51 am

Please put said mythical lounge next to Max's - wherever that will be! I will miss Max's!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by makfan
... they recently expanded the seating capacity in the lounge. The newer section has more electrical outlets than the older section.
They have? I was there in early June and it looked the same as it did a couple years ago.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by tusphotog
They have? I was there in early June and it looked the same as it did a couple years ago.
At YVR, they opened up a wall near the TV and there are a bunch more seats, many with outlets.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Since the deed is done and the SFO Board Room is gone BUT there's now a new lounge AS folks have access to, I'll go ahead and close this thread here with a note to continue discussion over at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...8-22-14-a.html.

jackal
Moderator, Alaska Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.