Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
SFO AS BR closed June 2014.

AS moved terminals August 20th.

AS started using the SFO CX Lounge August 22, 2014 for Boardroom members.

Please follow discussion of the CX SFO lounge here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23453275-post205.html
Print Wikipost

SFO Board Room now closed eff. June 2014--see separate thread re: CX lounge access

Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by mwilsonrr
I emailed the Board Room information address and received a quick response which confirmed that the SFO Board Room will close sometime in 2014. The representative stated that Alaska is working with Delta to provide access to the SFO SkyClubs for Board Room members after the BR closes.

I also asked about San Diego and received a response that they are not currently planning on opening a Board Room there but that they do take member feedback into account for their plans.

I pointed out that the value, to me, of the BR membership is going down -- especially when compared to joining Delta's SkyClub directly. Maybe more of us need to make this clear directly to the program.
If AS is moving into the A wing international terminal, where DL currently has a SC, isn't that SC slated to close when DL terminates its SFO-NRT flight? Unlike the G-wing, which is connected post-security to UA's F-wing, there is no post security connection to DL's domestic SC.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by seacarl
That space was still there and unused when I was at SAN in November. I emailed Brad Tilden suggesting they open a Boardroom there. He said he'd forward the input.

But the trend seems to be more toward closing rooms than opening them, doesn't it. I gave up my Boardroom membership.
Keep pressuring AS to open this as a lounge ^
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by beckoa
Keep pressuring AS to open this as a lounge ^
Absolutely! ^^^
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:41 pm
Used to be 'rockferd'

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA Gold, HH: Diamond, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
United had a nice lounge in the wing that AS uses for its flights from SAN. I wonder what happened to it when United moved to Terminal 2 in August. Should AS have the budget, it seems like a very easy thing for them to take over.
I live in SAN and have attended many airport media event for my website. The airport marketing staff has hinted at the likely possibility of AS taking over the UA club as UA has moved to T2 and now only AS operates from that area of T1. Currently AS operates 160 flights a week from SAN. not a ton but enough IMO for a board room. In the last 3 years AS has added a lot of flights from SAN (older article but still relevant http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...san-diego.html) and continues to expand (most recently announcing SLC). At this rate it only makes sense for a board room in SAN as its one of the only hub/focus city with a staff base with out one
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by rockferd
I live in SAN and have attended many airport media event for my website. The airport marketing staff has hinted at the likely possibility of AS taking over the UA club as UA has moved to T2 and now only AS operates from that area of T1. Currently AS operates 160 flights a week from SAN. not a ton but enough IMO for a board room. In the last 3 years AS has added a lot of flights from SAN (older article but still relevant http://upgrd.com/blogs/doublewidesfl...san-diego.html) and continues to expand (most recently announcing SLC). At this rate it only makes sense for a board room in SAN as its one of the only hub/focus city with a staff base with out one
I would be elated if they did but from what I hear is AS is saying that the airport wants too much money for the clubroom
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Maybe we should be writing SAN...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by edgewood49
I would be elated if they did but from what I hear is AS is saying that the airport wants too much money for the clubroom
And the airport may be saying "AS wants to pay too little money for the clubroom."
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And the airport may be saying "AS wants to pay too little money for the clubroom."
Good Point. When my AMEX PP got me in the old United Clubroom it was great now ugh. Rumor is there might be another airline (HA) moving in same terminal.

Anyway it's a bit lame.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
here's latest on SFO boardroom:
"closure date is going to be June 30th. Alaska's operation should be moving to the international terminal in the third week of June...estimating June 18th if all goes well".

While this is not an official statement from Alaska, it does come from insider.

Also, one of the early posts here stated that the BR staff were given notice back in November. I checked and that is not accurate, they heard rumblings from other airport staff but were not given official notice.

The move to international is only until T1 is revamped and reopened. So unless AS changes their mind, when they come back to T1, there will not be a board room for us.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:24 am

How long for the T1 renovation?

Yes I agree it needs help... but at the loss of the BR
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by beckoa
How long for the T1 renovation?
http://www.parsons.com/media-resourc...7-ptg-sfo.aspx

Last sentence:
The Terminal 1 Redevelopment Program is scheduled to begin this summer with final program completion by 2023.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:22 am

A shame to lose the Boardroom, but the (temporary) move to I-A is good news. I won't miss that miserable concourse...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by wrightTheta
http://www.parsons.com/media-resourc...7-ptg-sfo.aspx

Last sentence:
The Terminal 1 Redevelopment Program is scheduled to begin this summer with final program completion by 2023.
The bulk of the 1-B redevelopment is planned to be open by 2019. Then 3-4 more years to build connectors, refurbish I-C, etc: http://www.cmaanorcal.org/pdfs/11291...esentation.pdf

Big project though...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:45 pm

^
Originally Posted by jamespvg
A shame to lose the Boardroom, but the (temporary) move to I-A is good news. I won't miss that miserable concourse...
^
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Sigh. I'll probably give up my membership at this point.

The reason I started flying AS was SFO-YVR. Both closed/closing. I do admit that the replacement in YVR has worked out nicely, but I think I can just pay for the times I want to use it and spend less overall.

I guess it's back to the gate with the unwashed masses - which really sucks when your flight takes a two-hour ATC delay after you have already left to go to the airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.