Worth re-qualifying?

Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA MP 1K, Marriott Platinum
Worth re-qualifying?

I am currently MVP 75K and wondering if its worth re-qualifying. I have flown very little on Alaska and have already qualified for United 1K and AA Exec. Plat.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Many of us certainly believe it is. It seems a little late in the Season to Go for it on Alaska though. If you have flown them very little than it probably isn't for you
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Why worry about carrying the highest level of status with an airline you fly "very little"?

Sounds like you got 75K via status match, and found out quickly that the program doesn't work for your travel patterns.

To really pile up miles on AS at this stage in the game you are likely looking at INTL premium tickets on partners, which would require 90K of EQMs instead of 75K.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by karannarang
I am currently MVP 75K and wondering if its worth re-qualifying. I have flown very little on Alaska and have already qualified for United 1K and AA Exec. Plat.
Why would you bother if you don't actually fly them very often?

Come to think of it, why did you bother in the first place if you don't actually fly them very often? You get zero benefits on AA as a 75K that you wouldn't get as an AA EXP..
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:09 am
vgc

I agree with everyone who responded. Looks like you're out of EWR. There aren't that many Alaska flights out of the NYC area.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA MP 1K, Marriott Platinum
I'm actually based in Dallas now. It was my backup plan if I couldn't qualify for AA. I'm considering just letting it go at this point. I do have a couple of international business class trips on BA.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I've been MVPG75K since it came out.

I think it's worth it.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by beckoa
I've been MVPG75K since it came out.

I think it's worth it.
...but not at all worth if for somebody based in Texas than never flies on AS.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
You also don't get all the goodies when status is matched/comped versus earning it.

for me, Id love to make 75K again this year but it looks like just Gold for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.