Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines 2013 rebranding/possible name change speculation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Post #248 by pdxasflyer (referencing a.net) includes the purported refreshed wordmark and a Youtube video of an ad using the new mark.
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines 2013 rebranding/possible name change speculation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 12:34 am

Still don't get the whole brand refresh thing. Alaska has a brand that is well recognized in its core markets and generally well regarded. I'd spend the money on improving the onboard product and IT and forget window dressing.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:03 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
From the earnings call:

First, we plan to increase IT spending again this year. We've budgeted a $27 million or about 30% increase in 2014 as several large infrastructure projects reach full stride and we increase our investment in functionality and aimed at making the travel experience more hassle free. The increase compares to increases of about $10 million in each of the past three years.
excellent
Old Jan 24, 2014, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BOB W
That should cover SOME of what missydarlin is worth to AS & FT
+1^^
Understatement of the year, in my book.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Despite its name celebrating the area of its origin, Delta Air Lines became one of the largest worldwide carriers without significantly changing its name.

I personally see no reason as to why Alaska Airlines would need to change its name if it becomes a truly national — or even worldwide — carrier.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I personally see no reason as to why Alaska Airlines would need to change its name if it becomes a truly national — or even worldwide — carrier.
So the rumors of AS taking delivery of its' first Dreamliner next month are true. I have also heard that it will feature the debut of the new missydarlin livery
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by BOB W
I have also heard that it will feature the debut of the new missydarlin livery
...now that would be rather interesting!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
...now that would be rather interesting!
Extra Large Twin engine

Bodacious Tatas

Just saying@:-)
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:44 am

So, with the AS-DL relationship going way south, way fast, there is the possibility that the rebranding of AS will be the announcement of a re-alignment of the AS partnerships. The KE announcement may be only the start.

Perhaps this thread and the DL partnership threads should start tracking each other.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Whatever happened to the rebranding? I did hear that the Lei on the ETOPS certified planes is going to be phased out soon but that's it
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Whatever happened to the rebranding? I did hear that the Lei on the ETOPS certified planes is going to be phased out soon but that's it
Tick, tock....tick tock....I think the AS-DL squabble has taken front & center recently
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:42 pm

There are some enhancements coming to the brand, however it has been communicated that strong customer feedback has been they like the current livery/wordmark and so those aspects of the brand are not being changed at this time.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Hey now... Leave my lei alone
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
There are some enhancements coming to the brand, however it has been communicated that strong customer feedback has been they like the current livery/wordmark and so those aspects of the brand are not being changed at this time.
Yay
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
According to the FA on a flight last week, the carpet tapestry on the bulkheads is going away.

We all know that FAs are always the most informed folks at the company, but if that rug pattern is going away, I want some of it for my house!
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
According to the FA on a flight last week, the carpet tapestry on the bulkheads is going away.

We all know that FAs are always the most informed folks at the company, but if that rug pattern is going away, I want some of it for my house!
...you mean the triangles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.