Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Press release (2022-1-18) announcing higher fee, benefit changes, and new requirement to spend $6000/year to receive companion fare

BAGGAGE BENEFIT EXPLAINED:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-visa-bag-free

As an additional resource for these cards see the thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...s-now-30k.html

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read
this post. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Consumer card offers sorted by value of SUB assuming $.01 per mile
  • 50K miles:
    • https://www.alaskaair.com/content/credit-card/visa-small-business-caApplication Profile Must Exactly Match Alaska Profile: If you put your Mileage Plan number on the application, be sure that all personal information matches what's in your Alaska profile. If there's even a slight difference, Bank of America is known to assign a new Mileage Plan number. In that case you will likely need to contact AS to merge the 2 accounts and/or BOA to change their number of file. BOA might also send a new plastic credit card. For the business visa, BOA is known to create a new Mileage Plan number even if everything matches.

Expired offers:
Print Wikipost

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by pcoll
Data Point with current BOGO companion promotion.
I have had AS Visa cards over the years.Have not had one for 2 years. (Even with BofA additional 10,000 bonus)

Did apply for current promotion with $100 statement credit portal. Received immediate approval online.
Did notice that the AF posted to account as soon as card was activated.
Rep on phone was not able to confirm I would receive the $100 statement credit upon required spend. Received letter from AS later confirming.
AF on first statement.
Required spend just met and will be on next statement.
Should show statement credit and will check Mileage Plan account for code.
My experience from May: companion code and miles posted the Sunday after the statement where the spend was met closed. Statement credit posted to the account six days later and showed up on the following month's statement.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 12:23 pm

I currently have a personal card and a business card for AS. I set up my mileage account when I was approved for the personal card first, met the spending requirements, and have the companion fare, statement credit, and bonus miles showing up on my account no problem. I then applied, and was approved, for the business card (both signature) and have now reached the spending limit for the business card for the bonus miles, but those have yet to be reflected on my mileage account. I assumed that when approved for the business card it would automatically link to my mileage account, but now I'm thinking that might not be the case. Do I need to call them and have my business card linked to my already existing mileage plan associated with my personal card? I'm guessing also that will be okay to have them combined since they are both in my name. Surly I don't have to have 2 separate mileage account for 2 separate cards right?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jenn0625
I currently have a personal card and a business card for AS. I set up my mileage account when I was approved for the personal card first, met the spending requirements, and have the companion fare, statement credit, and bonus miles showing up on my account no problem. I then applied, and was approved, for the business card (both signature) and have now reached the spending limit for the business card for the bonus miles, but those have yet to be reflected on my mileage account. I assumed that when approved for the business card it would automatically link to my mileage account, but now I'm thinking that might not be the case. Do I need to call them and have my business card linked to my already existing mileage plan associated with my personal card? I'm guessing also that will be okay to have them combined since they are both in my name. Surly I don't have to have 2 separate mileage account for 2 separate cards right?
Did you give your existing AS number when applying for the second card? If not, they've probably opened a separate account, and you may have to contact both AS and BofA to fix that.

I'm confused as to who opened the AS account. Did you open it first and then provide it when applying for both cards, or did you wait for AS to open it automatically when you applied for your personal AS card? (It would be too late to create one after you opened the first card, since the first card would create an account automatically if one didn't exist yet.)
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Did you give your existing AS number when applying for the second card? If not, they've probably opened a separate account, and you may have to contact both AS and BofA to fix that.

I'm confused as to who opened the AS account. Did you open it first and then provide it when applying for both cards, or did you wait for AS to open it automatically when you applied for your personal AS card? (It would be too late to create one after you opened the first card, since the first card would create an account automatically if one didn't exist yet.)
I did not have one when I first applied for the personal card, so they created one for me and I have that one set up and linked now with my personal card. I think I added the existing mileage plan number when applying for the business, but I can't be sure. I will call them and see for sure though. Hopefully they are all linked.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:57 pm

AS Visa Signature® card best sign up offer?

Is this it:

Get 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...myacctstest1#b

Churnable? I had the card many years ago.

How quickly do the miles post after purchase? If slow I might have to look at transferring from SPG/ Amex MR/ Chase
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by vickh
Is this it:

Get 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 or more in purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening.

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...myacctstest1#b

Churnable? I had the card many years ago.

How quickly do the miles post after purchase? If slow I might have to look at transferring from SPG/ Amex MR/ Chase
Yep it's churnable. Careful not to get the Platinum version, you'll only get 5k points.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by atojbk
Yep it's churnable. Careful not to get the Platinum version, you'll only get 5k points.
based on income? Have a high 800s score and lots of BOA CCs.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are on an AS flight ask one of the FA's for an application, sometimes they have a 1000 mile bonus on top of the 30K for having a FA sticker on the application.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Mac786
I have just gotten that PLUS the $100 BofA statement credit.
link? You can PM me
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
link? You can PM me
Click the first link in the WIKI above and that will take you to a thread with the $100 credit offer in the WIKI. Plus, you get a Companion Fare by only paying taxes & fees.
Suggest you read both WIKIs in detail.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Click the first link in the WIKI above and that will take you to a thread with the $100 credit offer in the WIKI. Plus, you get a Companion Fare by only paying taxes & fees.
Suggest you read both WIKIs in detail.
Keep getting:

System Unavailable

We’re sorry for any inconvenience, but the system is currently down. Please try again later.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:26 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Platinum or Signature is based on credit limit granted on the card. $5000 or more should get the Signature (I think I recall someone getting a Platinum with a $5k credit limit but was able to get it changed).

Keep getting:

System Unavailable

We’re sorry for any inconvenience, but the system is currently down. Please try again later.
You can also get the $100 statement credit by starting a booking on Alaska's site (dummy booking). Doesn't matter where, just pick a flight and click through to the payment page, there's a link on the right to sign up for the Visa and receive the statement credit. No need to complete the booking before or after applying for the card.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Baze
If you are on an AS flight ask one of the FA's for an application, sometimes they have a 1000 mile bonus on top of the 30K for having a FA sticker on the application.
But, be prepared for a delay and an inability to track your progress. Recently, I had a several week delay. Not sure it was worth the extra 1,000 miles. Ymmv.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Based on randomness. I got 18k a few times, then suddenly only 1.5k (which took 2 months to converted from Platinum to Signature), and then 18k again, with a longtime "anchor" BofA CC, and an "excellent" score (the actual number varies from model to model).

How much credit limit on those BofA CCs? If too much, that could be a problem.

Also, if you ever cancel BofA CCs, always reduce the credit limit (at least a few days) before canceling. Credit limit that's reduced is available to new BofA card applications within months; credit limit that remains on the card when closed is not avialable to new BofA card applications for over a year!

Finally, you asked if it was churnable. That's not the right question. The right question is how churnable. (Most cards are churnable to some degree; it's the degree that's difference, not a yes or no difference.)

And as recent datapoints in this far more active thread show:
it's getting progressively less churnable. (But there are no known or published rules about timing, and BofA is not always consistent with everyone, so you have to "feel out" to what degree it may feel safe to churn it.)
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:57 am

Can anyone confirm if it takes longer for your bonus miles to hit with the business card compared to the personal? Seems like I remember my personal card hitting almost immediately after statement close, but now with my business, several days have passed and still nothing. The bonus miles show up on my statement so I know it's not a matter of that, and everything is linked correctly to my miles account so I know it's not that. How long is typical for them to show up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.