Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:04 am

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
Originally Posted by pickles1107
There was a 50k link last Christmas. Highest I've seen it, and only that once...
Since this card is churnable, one option is to get one now while waiting for a better offer.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz GPC
need 26K more miles?

I was otp with Alaska about an award ticket and csa asked me if I have a boa Alaska card...well of course I do

She said you can re-apply and get another 26K miles, which I was totally unaware of. She xfrd me to boa and with about 3 minutes I was approved and 26K more mile should hit my account in 7-10 days.

If you have an Alaska boa card, but were unaware of this, apply and get those miles!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:24 pm

So, I just got the card, and tried to create a profile on alaska airlines using the mileage plan number on the card, however its says invalid. I didn't have an alaska airlines mileage plan number before i applied. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bfpri
So, I just got the card, and tried to create a profile on alaska airlines using the mileage plan number on the card, however its says invalid. I didn't have an alaska airlines mileage plan number before i applied. Am I doing something wrong?
Yes, applying for the card before you applied for the Alaska FF plan was what you did wrong. Now you just have to call the Alaska FFP and have then straighten it out.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by AudiFanatic
I was otp with Alaska about an award ticket and csa asked me if I have a boa Alaska card...well of course I do

She said you can re-apply and get another 26K miles, which I was totally unaware of. She xfrd me to boa and with about 3 minutes I was approved and 26K more mile should hit my account in 7-10 days.

If you have an Alaska boa card, but were unaware of this, apply and get those miles!
Wow, did you get her name and address. You should send her some flowers, or chocolate. Probably both.....
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
You can be assigned a Mileage Plan number when you get the credit card.

What is the issue is that BofA and AS don't talk to each other in real time when the credit card folks create the account number --- I'd suggest giving AS Mileage Plan a call to find out how frequently the two exchange information and then figure out whether you should wait for a bit before attempting to create an online profile.

You just have a timing issue, that's all.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:00 pm

I had this problem (with MBNA Canada, but same issue)

Turns out they issued me a second AS account because they got my damn birthday wrong
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Quick question: I SM'd BoA on the details of my bonus offer and was told "15,000 additional bonus miles after spending of $10,000.00 in last 6 month after the account open date".

Just to confirm, this means 15k miles total? Or would I get the extra 10k from spend at 1:1 PLUS the 15k (25k total).

Also was anyone able to get this prior to the 6 month mark?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by queensgambit
Quick question: I SM'd BoA on the details of my bonus offer and was told "15,000 additional bonus miles after spending of $10,000.00 in last 6 month after the account open date".

Just to confirm, this means 15k miles total? Or would I get the extra 10k from spend at 1:1 PLUS the 15k (25k total).

You should get it soon after meeting the spend. This sounds like the 40k offer.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:23 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by queensgambit

are you sure its not 1000 instead of 10000? Ive never even heard of this for the AS boa card. Sure this gimick is on the dl amex cards but never heard of it for the AS signature card. Maybe its some new heist. Usually you get the 25k right away
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
That was a direct copy-paste from SM. I have already received the 25K.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 2:27 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
You should get it soon after meeting the spend. This sounds like the 40k offer.
oh maybe. Ive not ever seen that offer. Must be a result of that survey that went out about a year or 2 ago. Too bad they didnt listen to my reccomendation of offering a BoA card for $175 that includes a companion F fare or one that also includes a BR membership for $300
Old Nov 6, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
Does anyone have an insight as to whether the 50k Alaska offer is going to come back this year? I despise BofA, and closed my Alaska Visa six years ago over their behaviour, but I'd like to start accumulating some miles on Alaska again in anticipation of some 2016 travel, and this would be a good way to start.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by gnetwerker
Does anyone have an insight as to whether the 50k Alaska offer is going to come back this year? I despise BofA, and closed my Alaska Visa six years ago over their behaviour, but I'd like to start accumulating some miles on Alaska again in anticipation of some 2016 travel, and this would be a good way to start.
I doubt anyone here knows the answer to that. But what I do know is that folks have been applying for multiple Alaska cards, say every 3 or 4 months. Get 4 cards over a year or so, and you will have 100K miles for only $300 in fees. No minimum spend required, but I always thank them for the card by putting something on it.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: UA, AS, AA, DL
You are no doubt correct, but I'm not a card-churner. I'll just have to wait and see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.