Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How do I get MVP Gold Guest upgrade coupons?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

I have seen them for sale. Is that legitimate? How do people get them?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
They are no longer paper coupons, but codes that the Gold member must use him-or-herself on your behalf.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its against the rules of the program to sell upgrades
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by ethanwa
I have seen them for sale. Is that legitimate? How do people get them?
By flying enough to make MVPGold:
MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades

MVP® Gold Guest Upgrades are electronic upgrade codes given to MVP® Gold members to upgrade friends or family members who are not traveling with them, or for their own use for immediate upgrade when not purchasing a qualifying fare. They may also on occasion be provided as a Customer Care gesture in the event of a downgrade or service failure.

Once you have qualified for MVP® Gold status, your MVP® Gold Guest Upgrade codes will be deposited into your My Account profile.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I have seen them for sale. Is that legitimate?
No. Status and upgrade instruments may not be sold. A search of the forum would reveal this.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...raudulent.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...sell-ebay.html
Old Jan 23, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
By flying enough to make MVPGold:
Or by having a nice friend who is MVP Gold or above
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikelat
Or by having a nice friend who is MVP Gold or above
Anyone want to be my friend? Just looking for one code.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:44 pm

ethanwa, if I could provide what your looking for I would be your friend, but like you said, I'm also looking for a friend just like you.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You have enough posts (I think) to qualify for the Coupon Connection thread which sometimes has AS upgrade available for trade (not for sale of course). With that said, their trading value has gone way down since they can no longer be used on the lowest (G/T and now the new "R") fare classes...if you can wait until December rolls around again, they are given away for free here on the AS forum
Old Feb 10, 2014, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by North.by.Northwest
ethanwa, if I could provide what your looking for I would be your friend, but like you said, I'm also looking for a friend just like you.
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
You have enough posts (I think) to qualify for the Coupon Connection thread which sometimes has AS upgrade available for trade (not for sale of course). With that said, their trading value has gone way down since they can no longer be used on the lowest (G/T and now the new "R") fare classes...if you can wait until December rolls around again, they are given away for free here on the AS forum
Unless I am missing something, the post you both replied to is more than a year old . The date on it is Jan 24, 2013. I would venture to say the OP has long since flown.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
LOL, yup, you're right...must be time to go to bed...

Originally Posted by Finkface
Unless I am missing something, the post you both replied to is more than a year old . The date on it is Jan 24, 2013. I would venture to say the OP has long since flown.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: Alaska
Alaska MVP Upgrade codes

Hello! I am looking for a friend who has extra Alaska MVP Gold Upgrade codes. Anyone?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Cherubdeb
Hello! I am looking for a friend who has extra Alaska MVP Gold Upgrade codes. Anyone?
Welcome to Flyer Talk! Many of us might be inclined to share with those we become familiar with over time, particularly those who have contributed helpful information to this particular forum. Stick around, and participate in the exchange of ideas and information here; you'll probably find it well worth the investment.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Cherubdeb
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You may wish to familiarize yourself with the rules.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#commercial

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Generally speaking, flytoeat is correct, you are encouraged to be part of a community that shares with each other, instead of just coming in once begging for a handout of stuff that's actually fairly valuable.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 2:29 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
As a few members have mentioned,

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#commercial
FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.

I am closing this thread.

Ryandc99
, Moderator Alaska Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.