Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Promo: Triple Miles ANC-SEA and other routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Triple Miles ANC-SEA and other routes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Smile Promo: Triple Miles ANC-SEA and other routes

This just landed in my email in box:

"Fly on select Alaska Airlines flights between Anchorage and Seattle between May 17 and September 3, 2013, and receive Triple Mileage Plan™ Miles."

"Triple Miles offer is valid only on the following qualifying paid nonstop flights between Anchorage (ANC) and Seattle (SEA) - Flight Numbers 106, 108, 110, 111, 130, 141, and 146."
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:56 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
AS running scared much? When they are trying to encourage traffic on a newly-opened route, they only offer double miles. In case anyone is wondering what's prompting this outpouring of generosity...

B6 907 dep SEA 8:15 PM
AS 111 dep SEA 7:55 PM
AS 141 dep SEA 8:15 PM

B6 908 dep ANC 12:35 AM
AS 106 dep ANC 9:30 PM
AS 108 dep ANC 12:35 AM
AS 110 dep ANC 12:55 AM
AS 146 dep ANC 1:15 AM
AS 130 dep ANC 1:30 AM

In some cases these flights are priced hundreds less than other times for the same route. Time for an AK-based DO, anyone?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by BillScann

"Fly on select Alaska Airlines flights between Anchorage and Seattle between May 17 and September 3, 2013, and receive Triple Mileage Plan™ Miles."

"Triple Miles offer is valid only on the following qualifying paid nonstop flights between Anchorage (ANC) and Seattle (SEA) - Flight Numbers 106, 108, 110, 111, 130, 141, and 146."
Are they EQM or just bonus miles? Would be worth the trip if they were qualifying m's but somehow I doubt it.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
Are they EQM or just bonus miles? Would be worth the trip if they were qualifying m's but somehow I doubt it.
Here are the promo's Terms & Conditions (emphasis mine):

Registration is required prior to your first qualifying flight in order to receive Triple Miles. Triple Miles offer is valid only on the following qualifying paid nonstop flights between Anchorage (ANC) and Seattle (SEA) - Flight Numbers 106, 108, 110, 111, 130, 141, and 146. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines. Flight miles must be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ account in order to earn Triple Miles. All travel must be completed by September 3, 2013. Not valid on free or award travel. Triple Miles do not count towards elite status. Please allow four to six weeks for travel and Bonus Miles to be credited. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan™ program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by dave1013
Here are the promo's Terms & Conditions (emphasis mine):

Registration is required prior to your first qualifying flight in order to receive Triple Miles. Triple Miles offer is valid only on the following qualifying paid nonstop flights between Anchorage (ANC) and Seattle (SEA) - Flight Numbers 106, 108, 110, 111, 130, 141, and 146. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines. Flight miles must be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ account in order to earn Triple Miles. All travel must be completed by September 3, 2013. Not valid on free or award travel. Triple Miles do not count towards elite status. Please allow four to six weeks for travel and Bonus Miles to be credited. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan™ program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
Yeah, figured so. Too good to be true otherwise.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:35 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Crazy...on these routes a gold will earn 5792 RDM's each way...there's nothing that excludes the flight from being a connecting flight, is there?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Might need to book a couple more

Annoying its the limited window of flights...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:38 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
thats just too funny and downright silly. Id rather have competitive fares instead of a bunch of RDMs
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by BillScann

Promo registration page: Triple Miles Between Anchorage and Seattle
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
Originally Posted by ANC
thats just too funny and downright silly. Id rather have competitive fares instead of a bunch of RDMs
Agreed. ^^^
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Summer Triple Miles Promos

Several triple miles promos from May 17-September 3 as seen on the AS Facebook page, including the probably-have-never-ever-before-seen-a-bonus route of ANC-SEA:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea..._MPReg_2||#Air

ETA: Merging with existing month-old thread...apparently the mod himself didn't check to see if this had been announced here earlier.

Last edited by jackal; Feb 28, 2013 at 7:50 pm
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Downright bizarre!

Seattle - Boston is generally packed during the summer. However, as it looks like I'll have such a roundtrip during that period, I'll take it!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jackal
Several triple miles promos from May 17-September 3 as seen on the AS Facebook page, including the probably-have-never-ever-before-seen-a-bonus route of ANC-SEA:

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea..._MPReg_2||#Air
Do I have to take the time to enroll for each individual promotion?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Do I have to take the time to enroll for each individual promotion?
If you want the miles you'll need to click each one. It's a bit quicker if you are logged into myaccount. ^
Old Mar 2, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Seattle - Boston is generally packed during the summer. However, as it looks like I'll have such a roundtrip during that period, I'll take it!
The double-miles AS promo from SAN-BOS is also a good value if someone is looking to build up RDM to use for international travel in F. And the SAN-BOS route has proven to be much more amenable to AS-G upgrades than the SEA-BOS routing.

Most of my flights are short trips from ANC to PDX taken care of by business. AS currently has a sale for $79 OW fares from PDX to SAN. I was able to tack on two, 1-day SAN-BOS trips back to back for $340 RT. Each of the 3 purchases also offered a 10,000 mile purchase for $190. Not counting the 2 ANC-PDX segments, it turns out to be around 54,350 RDMs -- and that's before factoring in my bonus miles for Gold status.

Sounds crazy but it's worth it to me (I think!). I recently cashed in for an EK ticket in F (ANC-SEA-DXB-HGK) and have just over 100K miles left in my account. My goal is to build the balance back up and grab another F ticket while availability is still good. Between that RDM MR and all of my scheduled flights for the next 6 months I should easily hit the 200K+ mark again soon. Fingers crossed.

When pricing out the value of those international F tickets (upwards of $25,000) it seems to be a pretty good ROI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.