Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dcpdxtrans
This is the continuation of a previous thread on this topic. To view the now-archived thread, please click here.

Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • 50% Redeemable miles bonus
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

MVPG/75K
  • 100% Redeemable miles
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)[this benefit is now stale and no longer can AS elite status obtain preferred seating, rather, only main cabin--on a booking on 8/24/16, a DL agent confirmed this benefit expired previously]
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

Not elite specific: If in First on an AS segment or DL, and the ticket is issued by DL, you are entitled to 3 bags at 70 lbs. within the United States & Canada.
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:42 pm

The wiki was last updated August 2014 but shows that MVPG gets a free checked bag. That's no longer true I think....
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by davie355
The wiki was last updated August 2014 but shows that MVPG gets a free checked bag. That's no longer true I think....
Nope, it's not. I fixed it (and you should have been able to as well --- just open the Wiki and click the edit button in the lower right side).
Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I couldn't remember so that's why I left it on. There's still some run out as tickets purchased prior to May 1st still have the baggage benefit
Old Oct 15, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by CDKing
I couldn't remember so that's why I left it on.
Tweaked the Wiki to show the pre-May 1 ticket baggage rules: 1 free bag for MVPs and two free bags for MVPGs/75ks.

Source: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...-benefits.aspx
Old Dec 28, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K + BR, TSA Pre-√, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum Elite
Do AS MVPG 75K's have any priority on Delta over a MVPG? I booked a ticket on Delta right after earning MVPG 75K and my Delta confirmation shows Gold Medallion / Elite Plus - Medallion Upgrade Requested?

Is this the same for AS Gold and 75K?
Old Dec 28, 2014, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Dyoungman1
Do AS MVPG 75K's have any priority on Delta over a MVPG? I booked a ticket on Delta right after earning MVPG 75K and my Delta confirmation shows Gold Medallion / Elite Plus - Medallion Upgrade Requested?

Is this the same for AS Gold and 75K?
No AS elites are lumped together at the bottom.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

No AS elites are lumped together at the bottom.
And I was just told by @DeltaAssist via Twitter that AS MVPG no longer get any upgrades on DL. This was after I checked in for my DL flight and was not added to the WL.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by onfo
And I was just told by @DeltaAssist via Twitter that AS MVPG no longer get any upgrades on DL. This was after I checked in for my DL flight and was not added to the WL.
What? if this pans out that way...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
My wife flew Sunday and was not automatically added to the waitlist but her flight showed as "upgrade eligible" on DL.com with her MVP # in the reservation. On her outbound flight on 1/21, she was upgraded automatically at T-90 minutes for one of the flights in her PNR.

Last edited by PV_Premier; Jan 28, 2015 at 2:09 pm
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:28 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Had a flight early this month where the DL gate agent informed me that upgrades for AS elites had changed because the AS-DL relationship was declining. She claimed that upgrades for AS elites were only allowed on DL mainline metal as of May 1, 2014. This particular flight was a Delta flight on an OO-operated CR9, and thus, not eligible for AS upgrades.

The flight went out with 3 empty seats in F.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baliktad
Had a flight early this month where the DL gate agent informed me that upgrades for AS elites had changed because the AS-DL relationship was declining. She claimed that upgrades for AS elites were only allowed on DL mainline metal as of May 1, 2014. This particular flight was a Delta flight on an OO-operated CR9, and thus, not eligible for AS upgrades.
that makes no sense whatsoever for two reasons. (1) if you are at the bottom of the list anyways why would they discriminate between mainline and express metal and (2) both i and my wife have been upgraded on multiple OO and other express flights since 5/1/14 out of SMF, LAX, STL, SLC, and ATL...among others.

sorry, but you got jobbed. mind sharing what station this was at so we can watch out for this MOLA?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:01 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
that makes no sense whatsoever for two reasons. (1) if you are at the bottom of the list anyways why would they discriminate between mainline and express metal and (2) both i and my wife have been upgraded on multiple OO and other express flights since 5/1/14 out of SMF, LAX, STL, SLC, and ATL...among others.

sorry, but you got jobbed. mind sharing what station this was at so we can watch out for this MOLA?
Yah, I knew it was BS when she told it to me but chose not to push it as I already had an exit row and the flight wasn't that long. She didn't want to upgrade and just made up a reason to justify her actions.

This was at PHX.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baliktad
Yah, I knew it was BS when she told it to me but chose not to push it as I already had an exit row and the flight wasn't that long. She didn't want to upgrade and just made up a reason to justify her actions.

This was at PHX.
to make a point i probably would have tweeted DL Assist or called DL and had them put me on the list, then gone back and said, welp i'm on the list, are you going to upgrade me now?

and if she still said no, screenshot the list and send it into DL as a complaint.

i'm also a complete jerk, so there's that.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Booked a DL domestic award ticket using my miles for a friend who happens to be an AS MVPG.

The AS website is totally vague on what the "preferred seating" benefit means (does it mean Economy Comfort??)... And also figured I should check to see if that benefit applies to award tickets.

Thanks very much in advance
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Booked a DL domestic award ticket using my miles for a friend who happens to be an AS MVPG.

The AS website is totally vague on what the "preferred seating" benefit means (does it mean Economy Comfort??)... And also figured I should check to see if that benefit applies to award tickets.

Thanks very much in advance
It basically means exit rows. Economy comfort was lost as a benefit awhile back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.