Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dcpdxtrans
This is the continuation of a previous thread on this topic. To view the now-archived thread, please click here.

Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • 50% Redeemable miles bonus
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

MVPG/75K
  • 100% Redeemable miles
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)[this benefit is now stale and no longer can AS elite status obtain preferred seating, rather, only main cabin--on a booking on 8/24/16, a DL agent confirmed this benefit expired previously]
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

Not elite specific: If in First on an AS segment or DL, and the ticket is issued by DL, you are entitled to 3 bags at 70 lbs. within the United States & Canada.
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i'm wondering the same...When I pull my DL rez on dl.com, i don't see the "upgrade requested" anywhere. Flight is in 7 days.
Was it there before?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:57 am

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was it there before?
nope. i just matched to MVP Gold, so this is my first experience using AS on DL.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
nope. i just matched to MVP Gold, so this is my first experience using AS on DL.
Contact DL via twitter or by phone...they can put you on the WL.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
How long ago was the match? It does take time for things to get into all the different systems involved.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
How long ago was the match? It does take time for things to get into all the different systems involved.
a day ago

i'm going to call just to make sure.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:15 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by CDKing
a day ago

i'm going to call just to make sure.
Oh DL won't have that info yet

Its a batch process that's sent over. *unless you got realllly lucky on timing.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Oh DL won't have that info yet

Its a batch process that's sent over. *unless you got realllly lucky on timing.
any idea how long does it usually takes DL to get the new info?
Old Oct 7, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Watch Out for DL "E Class" Fares Starting 2/1/15

Apparently Delta is not allowing E class fares to be upgradeable for its elites starting 2/1/15:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....fare/#comments

Currently, Delta E class fares earn 100% mileage for AS Mileage Plan purposes (which, of course, may change for 2015 when Delta fully implements its revenue based program.)

So, if you're booking a fare on Delta (where you weren't likely to get upgraded anyway as an AS elite), those odds might become even worse starting in February.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
any idea how long does it usually takes DL to get the new info?
it is a batch process that happens ~1x/week. so, in the worst case, it might take a week. in the best case, a day

i seem to remember the process runs late in the work week, but i may be wrong.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Apparently Delta is not allowing E class fares to be upgradeable for its elites starting 2/1/15:

Currently, Delta E class fares earn 100% mileage for AS Mileage Plan purposes (which, of course, may change for 2015 when Delta fully implements its revenue based program.)

So, if you're booking a fare on Delta (where you weren't likely to get upgraded anyway as an AS elite), those odds might become even worse starting in February.
Wow.

That bites.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgreen12

E fares are only offered on limited non-stop routes to/from DTW/MSP/ATL where there is LCC/ULCC competition. You won't see them on connecting routes. They also have a whole bunch of restrictions on them for purchase (3 week advance purchase, Sat night stay, etc.). They've had them in DTW for about 3 years now and I've yet to actually buy one.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my platinum medallion status match came through yesterday. flying today.

you all can take comfort in knowing that i am still close to halfway down the upgrade list on both flights.

and let me tell you that so much more reassuring than being at the bottom
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by PV_Premier

you all can take comfort in knowing that i am still close to halfway down the upgrade list on both flights.

AA granted me Platinum status (showed up in my e-mail about 5 weeks ago) and I am 5/6 on upgrades.

Will meet the requirements to be Plat through March 2016 on my next flight (PBI-PDX).

My former boss was Plat with DL and he guessed had about a 40% upgrade rate he guessed.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium Elite
Status match from MVP Gold to Delta Platinum?

Originally Posted by PV_Premier

Wow! Am I understanding correctly that you got status matched from MVP Gold to Delta Platinum?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rcarovano
Wow! Am I understanding correctly that you got status matched from MVP Gold to Delta Platinum?
no, UA 1K

i'm just trying to help the general sentiment around here by making sure people know DL golds, silvers, and even plats are not getting upgraded either

these upgrade lists aren't even that deep, less than 20 on both flights so far at T-3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.