Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dcpdxtrans
This is the continuation of a previous thread on this topic. To view the now-archived thread, please click here.

Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • 50% Redeemable miles bonus
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

MVPG/75K
  • 100% Redeemable miles
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)[this benefit is now stale and no longer can AS elite status obtain preferred seating, rather, only main cabin--on a booking on 8/24/16, a DL agent confirmed this benefit expired previously]
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

Not elite specific: If in First on an AS segment or DL, and the ticket is issued by DL, you are entitled to 3 bags at 70 lbs. within the United States & Canada.
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:20 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 6:57 am
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
Might also be worth adding to wiki that AS MVP upgrades are for the elite only -- no companion upgrades. (That's been my experience and has been reported in this thread as well, but I'd love for it to be wrong...)

AS Elite + Companion(s) on same DL PNR will not show Medallion Upgrade Requested.
I *once* had this happen to BZE...requested from the GA as the a/c was going out wayyy empty and my companion was jealous of my upgrades. Return no dice for him...F was mostly empty.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
I'm most likely jumping ship from UA in 2014, and I'm trying to figure out which one works better for me between AA and AS.

For Space Available Upgrades on Delta, where do AS elites fall on the upgrade list? I assume after all Delta Medallions? I know not to expect any upgrades, but it'd be good to know. Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ianmanka
I'm most likely jumping ship from UA in 2014, and I'm trying to figure out which one works better for me between AA and AS.

For Space Available Upgrades on Delta, where do AS elites fall on the upgrade list? I assume after all Delta Medallions? I know not to expect any upgrades, but it'd be good to know. Thanks!
Yes below FO... And we only clear at the gate.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
I booked January flights on DL, where I have Gold Medallion status, using my DL account number. But I want to put the segments on my AS account to make sure I get to 75K again next year. Is there a way to change the reservation to show my Alaska Mileage Plan number and not lose preferred seating and my place in the upgrade list on the DL flights?

Last edited by LaneW; Dec 17, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by LaneW
I booked January flights on DL, where I have Gold Medallion status, using my DL account number. But I want to put the segments on my AS account to make sure I get to 75K again next year. Is there a way to change the reservation to show my Alaska Mileage Plan number and not lose preferred seating and my place in the upgrade list on the DL flights?
You can only accrue benefits from a single frequent flyer program for any given flight. You'll have to choose:

1) Keep your DL SM number as-is. You'll be entitled to keep your place in the upgrade queue plus all other benefits afforded DL GM's.
2) Switch to your AS MP number. You'll lose your place in the upgrade queue and will only be eligible for benefits given to AS elites. This is the only way the segments will get you closer to 75K on AS.

You may not be able to change your frequent flyer number online, but you will definitely be able to change it at checkin if you really do need to switch. Just be aware you can't mix and match benefits like upgrades compliments of your DL status plus credit the mileage to AS MP.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:22 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I don't encourage this, but I'll point out, I am sure you can book with your DL # to secure free seats in EC then switch from DL # to AS # after booking.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by baliktad
You can only accrue benefits from a single frequent flyer program for any given flight. You'll have to choose:

1) Keep your DL SM number as-is. You'll be entitled to keep your place in the upgrade queue plus all other benefits afforded DL GM's.
2) Switch to your AS MP number. You'll lose your place in the upgrade queue and will only be eligible for benefits given to AS elites. This is the only way the segments will get you closer to 75K on AS.

You may not be able to change your frequent flyer number online, but you will definitely be able to change it at checkin if you really do need to switch. Just be aware you can't mix and match benefits like upgrades compliments of your DL status plus credit the mileage to AS MP.
Thanks - I'm not trying to double up, I understand that. I will try changing my number at check in - I have not been able to do so in the past on the existing reservation prior to check in.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by LaneW
Thanks - I'm not trying to double up, I understand that. I will try changing my number at check in - I have not been able to do so in the past on the existing reservation prior to check in.
Delta doesn't make it easy for you to change your number once you've taken advantage of elite benefits such as preferred seating and upgrades. If you were upgraded as a Delta Gold before check-in, I know for sure that you won't be allowed to enter a different FF program at check-in. For just EC seating, I'm not so sure, but it might take the help of an agent to change to an AS number.

I have done this myself in the past, and I remember I couldn't do it online, so I either had to call in or talk to an agent.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: United 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, National Exec
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skibumblanch
Alaska MVP flying on Delta tomorrow with a checked bag. My Alaska FF# in the reservation is correct but I don't see "MVP" or "Upgrade Requested" on the Itinerary on dl.com. Check-in tries to charge me for the checked bag. I called Delta and the rep said sorry, technical error but there's nothing we can do. I finally got him to call Alaska to confirm my status, but he still was not able to update anything in the delta system that would give me the checked bag and add me to the upgrade list. I tried removing my AS# and adding it again, but no luck. Guess I'll try with an agent at the airport tomorrow. Same thing happened last time I flew Delta.
I was able to solve this one, no thanks to the half dozen GA's and CSR's who couldn't figure it out. I have been an Alaska member for so long that my membership number is only 8 digits long. I noticed that my wife's AS number is 9 digits long, as she recently joined the program. By placing a 0 in front of my Alaska number when flying Delta, making it 9 digits long, it now automatically recognizes MVP status and places me on the upgrade list (albeit at the bottom).
Old Dec 22, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Flew home from MSP to SEA on DL last night, boarded early due to the sky priority on the ticket(AS75k FF number entered online) At the time of boarding I was 2nd on the upgrade list, and the GA mentioned all had checked in and all seats were sold. To my utmost suprise and delight, towards the end of boarding a guy came onboard with my seat number on his BP A minute later I hear my last name being paged, so I delightedly said that is me and gathered up my stuff to move up to 4A
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by skibumblanch
I was able to solve this one, no thanks to the half dozen GA's and CSR's who couldn't figure it out. I have been an Alaska member for so long that my membership number is only 8 digits long. I noticed that my wife's AS number is 9 digits long, as she recently joined the program. By placing a 0 in front of my Alaska number when flying Delta, making it 9 digits long, it now automatically recognizes MVP status and places me on the upgrade list (albeit at the bottom).
I have had this issue with KLM in Europe a few times where they won't let me board in sky priority on a Delta ticket riding on KLM. But if I get the CSR in the checkin line to add a zero, it then shows sky priority on the ticket. Interestingly this summer on a flight from FCO to AMS ticketed on DL, flown by KLM and checking in at Alitalia it showed up as sky priority on Alitalia.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
What to Medallion upgrade changes on DL mean to AS elites?

What do the changes to DL Medallion upgrades effective February 2014 mean to AS Mileage Plan elites hoping for transcon upgrades out of SEA, SFO and LAX?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-upgrades.html

We obviously will not be issued "Global upgrade certificates" by Delta. The MP website has not been updated in any way to reflect Delta's change for West Coast transcons. I know our odds were always limited (given DL ranking of Alaska elites in their upgrade "pecking order") but now it appears there is no shot at all.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by getoffthe grid
What do the changes to DL Medallion upgrades effective February 2014 mean to AS Mileage Plan elites hoping for transcon upgrades out of SEA, SFO and LAX?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-upgrades.html

We obviously will not be issued "Global upgrade certificates" by Delta. The MP website has not been updated in any way to reflect Delta's change for West Coast transcons. I know our odds were always limited (given DL ranking of Alaska elites in their upgrade "pecking order") but now it appears there is no shot at all.
No upgrades at all for the specific Transcons. Same as when Hawaii was not eligible for upgrades on DL metal and same as when flying on Internatinal routes. Must be a complimentary upgrade route
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
Originally Posted by CDKing
No upgrades at all for the specific Transcons. Same as when Hawaii was not eligible for upgrades on DL metal and same as when flying on Internatinal routes. Must be a complimentary upgrade route
If this is the case, this represents still another devaluation of the AS-DL "partnership."

With this change becoming effective in a matter of weeks, it is puzzling that there is no reference to it on the Mileage Plan website, which continues to refer to "Complimentary Upgrades Within the Lower 48 United States" as an MVP-MVPG-75K benefit. AS had to know about this change, which has a particular impact (even if more symbolic than practical) on AS elites out of Seattle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.