Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2013 FlyerTalk Awards: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan benefits nominations

View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan? PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING
50% Bonus Miles for MVP elite members/100% Bonus Miles for MVP Gold elite for each mile flown
10.26%
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for elite members
15.38%
Waived ticket change fees for MVP Gold elite members
48.72%
Recognition of elite flyers by staff, such as the First One's On Us
0%
Lounge access/discounts
0%
Gold/75K MVP companion upgrade
5.13%
Club 49 for Alaska residents
10.26%
I nominate a different benefit see my post below (POST YOUR SUGGESTION BELOW)
10.26%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:17 pm
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
Original Poster

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2013 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 11, 2012.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 15, 2013.

The FlyerTalk Awards are sponsored by:

Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'd say that Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for elite members is a good benefit as is the waived change fees, but the best part for me with the upgrades is companion upgrades ^ These are for one companion at the same window as the elite (MVPG/75K only).
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Are we voting for what we perceive as the best benefit of Mileage Plan relative to other frequent flyer programs, or just in regards to Mileage Plan?

Perhaps no definitive answer?

For example, I feel that the best benefit relative to other programs is the change fee waiver, this benefit is what sets Mileage Plan above all else. But as far as best benefit not considering other programs, it has unlimited complimentary upgrades.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:36 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Meh, aside from the change fee waiver on purchased tickets [I only used that once in 5 years, but I do 90% of my flying on Partners] the listed benefits are industry standard except maybe for the 25% bump in mileage accrual for MVPs.

The single most attractive aspect of AS's program for me is it's selection of Partners and corresponding award charts ex-USA. Where else can you redeem miles for awards on CX, FI, EK, 40K Y to Europe on AA, and AF in one program at very reasonable mileage level?

The value of AS miles will go up significantly for me once they implement the ability to book one-way awards on ALL partners with the ability to mix/match partners if it is in the same alliance [e.g. AA connecting to LA or DL connecting to AF/KL] and even more if all partners can be booked on line.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:28 am
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kwl747
Are we voting for what we perceive as the best benefit of Mileage Plan relative to other frequent flyer programs, or just in regards to Mileage Plan?

Perhaps no definitive answer?

For example, I feel that the best benefit relative to other programs is the change fee waiver, this benefit is what sets Mileage Plan above all else. But as far as best benefit not considering other programs, it has unlimited complimentary upgrades.
You are voting for the best benefit within AS Mileage Plan. After the best benefit is selected for each program we will create a new poll where you will vote for the best program (each one with ONE benefit). Does this make sense?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:03 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by IBcash
You are voting for the best benefit within AS Mileage Plan. After the best benefit is selected for each program we will create a new poll where you will vote for the best program (each one with ONE benefit). Does this make sense?
Right -- that will be the Official Ballot in January, where awards are voted on for Outstanding Benefit of the year. The single benefit nominated here for each program will compete against every other program's best benefit, and the program that gets the most votes will win that award.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by IBobi
Right -- that will be the Official Ballot in January, where awards are voted on for Outstanding Benefit of the year. The single benefit nominated here for each program will compete against every other program's best benefit, and the program that gets the most votes will win that award.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification!
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
+1 on golfingboy's "Superior Selection of Partner Airlines for Reward Redemption."
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:12 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
+2 on golfingboy's "Superior Selection of Partner Airlines for Reward Redemption."
Old Nov 30, 2012, 3:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I'd have to say One Way Mileage Awards deserves a mention. Although I voted for Club 49 - only because it benefits EVERYONE in Alaska, but doesn't do much for you once you are MVP. I felt that was a great move by AS.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, Hilton Honors, etc.
+3 on golfingboy's "Superior Selection of Partner Airlines for Reward Redemption."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.