Hurricane Sandy Advisory (Fall 2012)

Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Exclamation Hurricane Sandy Advisory (Fall 2012)

Seems the East Coast is about to get a solid Nor'easter:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...dvisories.aspx

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
Hurricane Sandy

We are providing the following options to reschedule or rebook flights without incurring the standard change fees for all passengers ticketed to, from or through Boston, Newark, Philadelphia or Washington, DC.

Travel To/From
Boston (BOS)
Newark (EWR)
Philadelphia (PHL)
Washington DC (DCA)

Tickets Purchased On/Before
October 26, 2012

Travel Dates
October 29-31, 2012

Exception Policy
Change fees waived if new travel is completed on or before November 3, 2012. Tickets must be exchanged or refunded by October 31, 2012.
What to Do

If your flight plans are affected, you can change your flight online or you can call:
Alaska Airlines Reservations: 1-800-252-7522 (TTY/TDD: 1-800-682-2221) .

As always, we advise you to check your flight status before departure. You can also text your flight # to 252752 (ALASKA) for updated flight status information. Learn more about flight status on the go.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
I am at Ft. Bragg and they cancelled my connection to DCA last night and then AS 1 a few hours ago. Little hope of getting back to HNL any time soon.

Glenn
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Major G
I am at Ft. Bragg and they cancelled my connection to DCA last night and then AS 1 a few hours ago. Little hope of getting back to HNL any time soon.

Glenn
Good luck ^

Perhaps route on AS5 and then via SJC or SAN... (SAN requiring AA or DL hop)
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I booked backup on AS to UA flights LAX-BOS. Of course 10 min after i booked PDX-BOS got cancelled. It was just another sign i'm meant to ride out the storm from Los Angeles
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:10 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CDKing
I booked backup on AS to UA flights LAX-BOS. Of course 10 min after i booked PDX-BOS got cancelled. It was just another sign i'm meant to ride out the storm from Los Angeles
FWIW, UA canceled everything from LAX to BOS yesterday. AS at least ran the SEA to BOS day flight but not the red-eye and (I think) ran PDX to BOS.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
From AS FB page:

Hurricane Sandy Update: We plan to resume flights to Boston this evening; service to our remaining destinations in the Northeast (Newark, Philadelphia and Washington DC) should resume tomorrow afternoon. Some flights may operate on a delayed basis though as we reposition aircraft and flight crews.

Customers traveling to these destinations are urged to check flight status before heading to the airport due to expected delays.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Was scheduled on DCA-SEA 10/31 AM but moved to 11/1 PM.
All flights on 10/31 look to be blocked for re-booking or possible cancel so perhaps a good move.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM , AS MVPG , MR LTT, Hilton Dia
Am scheduled for HNL-SEA-DCA leaving 13 OCT PM. Hope they get everything working by then.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Major G
Am scheduled for HNL-SEA-DCA leaving 13 OCT PM. Hope they get everything working by then.
31 Oct.?

Good luck getting home^
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: lots of little things
AS6 is now airborne, AS2 is on schedule to depart shortly as well. This should be the start of returning to regular DCA ops. I don't think we'll see EWR being so lucky today or tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.