Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of American Debit Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

I fly almost exclusively on Delta, but saw the offer from Bank of America for the Alaska Airline debit card with 3,000 miles on first purchase. Is it possible to obtain these miles and then transfer them into my DL account (or even HHonors hotel account)? Who are Alaska Airline's partners?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 4:41 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by JTbeatsNYC
I fly almost exclusively on Delta, but saw the offer from Bank of America for the Alaska Airline debit card with 3,000 miles on first purchase. Is it possible to obtain these miles and then transfer them into my DL account (or even HHonors hotel account)? Who are Alaska Airline's partners?
it is via points.com to DL but after the transfer rate you might get...300 miles :/
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:56 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
debit card amount

If one was to use the debit card payment methods to pay a mortgage, is there a limit that causes a flag? For example 3-4k per month at Walmart or Kmart? Me thinks yes, but looking for any experiences.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
do you get a credit pull for debit card?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:20 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by travelsg
do you get a credit pull for debit card?
no not that Im aware of
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:23 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by woodburyhome
If one was to use the debit card payment methods to pay a mortgage, is there a limit that causes a flag? .
how would you do that?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, Hyatt-Glob, all else dirt level
how would you do that?

Both offer bill paying services and you should google the blue bird card offered by WalMart. Just contemplating it, haven't done it yet. You would probably get flagged for repetitive large amounts, but I was interested to see if anyone had done large amounts successfully.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black

I just tried signing up for the BOA debit card for Alaska but they no longer do it just the credit card
Old Oct 25, 2012, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I just tried signing up for the BOA debit card for Alaska but they no longer do it just the credit card
Interesting, it's still on their website

WRG to how to pay your mortgage, you could by Money Orders. Most stores take PIN Debit for money orders.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:54 pm

Programs: HHGold
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008
I signed up online 2 days ago. No email response so I call BofA and they confirmed BofA Alaska debit card mail out 10/24/12. Still available.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by johnp012001
WRG to how to pay your mortgage, you could by Money Orders. Most stores take PIN Debit for money orders.
Anyone know if you get miles for money order purchases, or does it show like a cash withdrawal?

***Nevermind. T & C's clearly say no miles earned on money order purchases (quasi-cash purchases).
Old Nov 4, 2012, 8:42 pm

Anyone convert their old debit card to the Alaska card recently who does not already have an Alaska account?

I recently received mine, and when I signed up I selected that I was a "new member". I received no information with my card re: my mileage account. I just got off the phone with BOA and they said I need to go to Alaska Air and sign up for an account then call them back and provide the number. This doesn't really make sense and is inconsistent with my other experiences. Is this right?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: HHGold
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Anyone convert their old debit card to the Alaska card recently who does not already have an Alaska account?

I recently received mine, and when I signed up I selected that I was a "new member". I received no information with my card re: my mileage account. I just got off the phone with BOA and they said I need to go to Alaska Air and sign up for an account then call them back and provide the number. This doesn't really make sense and is inconsistent with my other experiences. Is this right?

I just converted my old card to an Alaska card a few weeks ago. I wasn't an Alaska member at the time and had to do exactly what was stated to you. It seemed odd to me but called them back and they put it straight into system.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
As usual, the people on FlyerTalk are right and the people at the bank are wrong.

I went into a local B of A branch to sign up for this debit card. I did not have an Alaska mileage plan number, but the banker told me that one would be automatically assigned. The banker said that I would receive 2 mailings, one from B of A with my new card and a second from Alaska Airlines with my mileage plan number.

When I got nothing from Alaska, I searched and found this thread. Had to call B of A customer service. No Alaska mileage plan number had been assigned. So I signed up online with Alaska and gave the mileage number to the B of A phone rep.

Next question: so far no miles have posted (no bonus for account signup, no miles for purchases). I signed up for the card nearly 4 weeks ago and called B of A (to get the Alaska mileage plan number assigned) nearly 2 weeks ago. How long does it take for miles to post to your Alaska account? Do miles post shortly after purchases, or do they post when your montly statement closes, or is it something else? My B of A monthly checking account statement just closed a few days ago. Am I going to have to call those incompetents again to get this going correctly?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 1:50 pm

I have had the debit card for a while now. It works great. When you first sign up they will send you a card but for some reason not sign you completely up with Alaska Airlines. Don't worry... you will NOT lose any miles. Just call Alaska Airlines up and give them your information and they will link your BOA account up with their system. Miles will be deposited once a month after your statement closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.