Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Air 40% mile purchase bonus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
So did the transaction go through as AS purchase or points.com purchase? Thanks.
If you're looking for a category bonus points.com purchases have never gone through as airline purchases for me .
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Just checked. The charges say "POINTS ALASKA MILES"
What does that mean?
I'm hoping 3x for you.
What did the charge say for you, eponymous_coward?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
What does that mean?
I'm hoping 3x for you.
What did the charge say for you, eponymous_coward?
Points.com.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
I found out today that there is a limit of 4 transactions on the same CC in a 30 days period. Although I got a confirmation number on my fifth one of the day, the miles did not credit instantly and I never received an confirming email. MVP desk confirmed the 4/CC limit. Tried again with a different CC and everything went thru and the miles were credited instantly.
Is that 4 transactions limit per CC on a per account basis ?
I'm trying to book tickets MEL-LAX in J on Qantas for 55k per way.
However I'm trying to book return tickets for 4 and have opened separate accounts in everyones name who would be flying.

I would need to do 2 transactions for each account. Would I be able to do these (2x4 = 8) on the one credit card ?

If I have to wait 30 days the availability may disappear and I have other CCs but would rather put them through on the one card that would earn me the max possible miles !

Thanks, any comments appreciated.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: A few
I am blushing.
I used the Buy Miles function on AS.com. As noted above and as an MVP agent told me, apparently points.com hosts AS mileage sales.
Does the CC company see AS or points.com?

Easy come, easy go on the miles. Those 330K are all gone and then some.
Just used 360K for two IAH-DXB-IAH EK First tickets for October.
That's over $7k in buying miles... cheap but far, far from free
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:13 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Nizar
Is that 4 transactions limit per CC on a per account basis ?
I'm trying to book tickets MEL-LAX in J on Qantas for 55k per way.
However I'm trying to book return tickets for 4 and have opened separate accounts in everyones name who would be flying.

I would need to do 2 transactions for each account. Would I be able to do these (2x4 = 8) on the one credit card ?

If I have to wait 30 days the availability may disappear and I have other CCs but would rather put them through on the one card that would earn me the max possible miles !
QF J award availability is hard to get and goes quickly - even if using QF miles. Get in fast if possible.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 4:19 pm

Just made a few purchases, but my account still says zero and I haven't gotten any emails from the airline confirming the purchase. Can anyone confirm what "instant" means in this case? I tried logging in and out of my account and there is still nothing. How long should it be before I get worried that my purchases aren't going to be credited?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:19 pm

I have been trying to purchase a block of 40K for the past couple of days. However, after I entered my credit card and clicked submit, their site keeps returning the message that my card has been declined. At first, I thought my one card wasn't good. I entered another card, but the site continues to tell me my second card has been declined. I called my credit card companies, they all said the transaction has been approved (not declined) and provided me with the authorization codes.

Does anyone knows what could have caused this problem? I don't want them to charge my account when I have received nothing.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by amazingcat2001
I don't want them to charge my account when I have received nothing.
There is a 0% chance that this will happen.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by londonienne
Just made a few purchases, but my account still says zero and I haven't gotten any emails from the airline confirming the purchase. Can anyone confirm what "instant" means in this case? I tried logging in and out of my account and there is still nothing. How long should it be before I get worried that my purchases aren't going to be credited?
If it works right, you should have received a confirmation email on the purchase and you will see the miles purchased in your Alaska account immediately.

I am having problem purchasing too. Their site keeps returning a message that my credit card has been declined. I tried to buy with a second card, the site again said my card was declined. I didn't received any miles. However, my credit card companies confirmed they DID NOT DECLINE the card. The transaction was approved. I'm worry too if they will officially charge my card for something that I have not received.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:44 pm

If it works right, you should have received a confirmation email on the purchase and you will see the miles purchased in your Alaska account immediately.
I got to the confirmation page and I see the charges pending against my credit card, so it isn't a credit card problem. I just haven't been credited any miles and haven't received any confirmations yet...Thanks for any help...
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by londonienne
I got to the confirmation page and I see the charges pending against my credit card, so it isn't a credit card problem. I just haven't been credited any miles and haven't received any confirmations yet...Thanks for any help...
Looks like we are on the same boat. Charges are pending on our credit cards, but no miles.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:22 pm

Looks like we are on the same boat. Charges are pending on our credit cards, but no miles.
For the moment, then, I will avoid calling in. The terms indicate that it may take up to 72 hours for them to be credited. I note that I have no other activity in my account, so perhaps that is why they haven't credited instantly.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: General Awesome Guy
I did multiple transactions about a week ago for 40k (plus bonus) each. Went through immediately. Something is wrong, and I would call.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by WanderlustB
I did multiple transactions about a week ago for 40k (plus bonus) each. Went through immediately. Something is wrong, and I would call.
Same here. Went through immediately and the points posted right away. I would call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.