Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 6:39 pm

Programs: free agent
I am new to EF, and want to clarify on one thing, if i see Z = 1, what would happens? I am start to look at EK flight options to BKK, ideally A388 on NA-DXB-BKK . Sound like I gotta have some patientence to find right AS agent who understand manual sell..
Old Dec 20, 2014, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ffman999
The most recent time I booked EK F was this past Thursday (so two days ago). EF said Z=2 and the agent was able to see it right away. But there have been times where I've had to hang up and call back multiple times. Not sure if it matters at all, but all of the calls I made that were successful took place at night. By the way, thanks for everyone's great advice on this thread!
My best results also seem to be at night, especially with agents in Boise.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Based on recent experience, there is no longer a married segment issue when booking/changing EK flights. It may take a few HUACAs but that's another issue.
Thanks for the advice. Now that some new flight options have opened up for me, I've tried again with no success due to the married segments issue. Is there some special term that I should use to ask them to try again? I've even had to press to get a change to my AS segment when there was a two hour change in flight times... they are still researching if they can change that segment.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
My best results also seem to be at night, especially with agents in Boise.
Was able to finally secure Business class tickets on Emirates when EF showed D7 and AS.com showed nothing available. I called and asked whether they could try doing it segment by segment, and I fed the flights in. Z1 was showing, but I don't have enough AS miles so had to "settle" for J - I'm sure it won't be too horrible on the A388
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Typing this from the EK B FCL. Agent scanned BP at the entrance and mentioned there was no Lounge invite attached but was able to quickly verify that it was an Alaska ticket without prompting. ^ Just a datapoint to what was mentioned upthread. Didn't try the IAH lounge which I've heard isn't very good but the agent at check in did mention lounge access.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ednpub
Thanks for the advice. Now that some new flight options have opened up for me, I've tried again with no success due to the married segments issue. Is there some special term that I should use to ask them to try again? I've even had to press to get a change to my AS segment when there was a two hour change in flight times... they are still researching if they can change that segment.
You must get some bad agents. I've been able to change both Alaska segments and EK married segments without any problem (other than some holding while they get a supervisor to help out).
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, VS Gold Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold,
Booked it and Got a Great CSR to make a change

Booked
HKG-DXB-JFK with a 2 day stop over in DXB

Now Initially I missed this thread but I found out about the Married bookings through a CSR One leg had F available 1 didn't and so their website was showing J only.

If I changed the dates the all the flights had F available.

I booked the 2 legs in J

Then called today, she saw that the 1st leg had 1st available and changed my reservation and now I have F HKG-DXB and J DXB-JFK with a stop over.
If my wife wasn't on the 2nd flight I would change the date so that was F also.

I was really thinking I should stay an extra day to get F home.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Droch

I would.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, LH Senator *Gold, AA EXP OWE Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Droch
If my wife wasn't on the 2nd flight I would change the date so that was F also.
I would. You can always get another wife.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 3:54 pm

Has anyone been able to secure a F class seat post 3/28 recently? I know there was trouble with it a few weeks ago.

Best,

fw
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS 75K
On EK awards - if I have a paid AS flight following an EK award but on a different ticket, is it possible to link the reservations and get protected in the event of delays, etc.?
I couldn't find an exact match for this question - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...rd-ticket.html talks about it for AA primarily and so discuss the AA policy rather than AS/EK.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by faithwins
Has anyone been able to secure a F class seat post 3/28 recently? I know there was trouble with it a few weeks ago.

Best,

fw
Yes. I just booked 4/16.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ffman999
Yes. I just booked 4/16.
Did you have to call that one in? I still see nothing past March 28 on AS' website.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold..Flying around the world
Heads up SFO-DXB Dec 28th just been released...Dubai for NYE...Hope someone can use this one!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
Did you have to call that one in? I still see nothing past March 28 on AS' website.
Yes. I used EF and then called.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.