Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Emirates award guide using Alaska Airlines miles

Routing Rules:

All trips must start or end in North America.
One open jaw and one stopover allowed on each one-way award.
No fees for changes/cancellations prior to 60 days from departure.

North American Gateway Cities:

West Coast
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Central
Chicago
Dallas
Houston

East Coast
Boston
New York (JFK)
Orlando (Effective September 1, 2015)
Washington DC (IAD)

Canada
Toronto

Award Chart Links*:

Middle East & Africa

Asia

Europe

*If region is not listed on chart its not available.

Perks

Chauffeur Drive NOT Available
Car service is not available for all Business Class and First Class passengers on Alaska Airlines ticketed award tickets on Emirates flights (as of Jan 2015). The chauffeur will not confirm if you use the EK website for this, though the website makes it look you can make a reservation.

Lounges
Access is available for all passengers traveling in Business and First Class. Not all cities have lounges and many may be operated by a Partner. There have been some reports of people having an issue accessing the Dubai lounges as the tickets may appear in their system as non-revenue employee travel. This is not as much of a problem as it used to be but in case it comes up please advise the lounge attendant that you are on an Alaska Airlines award.

Dubai Connect

AS Awards on EK do not qualify for Dubai Connect, which is the service that offers the free hotel.

Tricks to find Transoceanic availability

Instead of performing a blanket, i.e. SEA-DXB search, perform: SEA-MED.
Madinah is a destination that is only served by EK. Consequently, if there is availability, only EK will show up in the calendar results.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 3:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Johnnyrotten33
My point was more as soon as the schedule opened. If I booked a one way and then add a second leg a few days after if I would loose my first leg due to a reprice. It seems Boise say no Phenoix say yes
There are agents who know how to do it and there are agents who don't. You need to be passed on to someone at the international partner award desk.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There are agents who know how to do it and there are agents who don't. You need to be passed on to someone at the international partner award desk.
So very true. Some are lazy and simply do what we do and type it in, others who know what their doing and really try to help AS FF go to the EK site! At the end of the day, it's up to us get the seats.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 12:25 pm

I booked SEA-DXB-BOM for first week of Dec and I booked it one the day they opened the booking, but I could not book DXB-BOM leg in buss class - may be they did not open buss reward seats. If later they open buss for DXB-BOM, can AS change it upon my request without cancelling other leg?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:22 pm

Change of class to 1 segment and date change

Thanks to all who add value with informational input through experience. Very grateful.

I have an ek award booked via mileage plan.

I have 1 segment I want to upgrade because when I booked all that was available was Y.

I also would like to add a stopover at some point.

What is the preferred method to go about this.

Thank you
Old Feb 8, 2016, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Thanks to all who add value with informational input through experience. Very grateful.

I have an ek award booked via mileage plan.

I have 1 segment I want to upgrade because when I booked all that was available was Y.

I also would like to add a stopover at some point.

What is the preferred method to go about this.

Thank you
SO this has been discussed ad nauseam. If you booked other than the cabin you would like to be in and or adding a leg I would get in there and book what you really want asap. If it;s not available say FC then take what you can get the closer you get to flight the more will open up IF there is availability. Big if EK is booking a lot of passengers.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Was there a change to the booking system?

I used to be able to book JFK-DXB(stopover)-MLE in F for 90k.
Now that I search that, the F award is not coming up (because there is no F) btwn DXB-MLE, but the J award is available 72.5K. But using same dates for JFK-DXB, searching that alone I see the 90K F option. Do you think I can call to make this booking and they would be able to add the MLE leg to it?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by zzrayzz
Was there a change to the booking system?

I used to be able to book JFK-DXB(stopover)-MLE in F for 90k.
Now that I search that, the F award is not coming up (because there is no F) btwn DXB-MLE, but the J award is available 72.5K. But using same dates for JFK-DXB, searching that alone I see the 90K F option. Do you think I can call to make this booking and they would be able to add the MLE leg to it?

Thanks in advance!
Multi-city search requires each city pair to have at least 1 F segment. So F JFK-DXB stop, J DXB-MLE will NOT show up, whereas F JFK-DXB stop, J DXB-CMB+F CMB-MLE will show up.

Calling in you should be able to do mixed cabins
Old Feb 12, 2016, 12:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Anyone else take advantage of the great availability of F in and out of IAD to/from Dubai?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
This is very interesting. Online was showing no F space to SEA on the dates I wanted. Instead I had a HKG-DXB-IAH-SEA picked out with all F space that was showing on the website.

When I called up to change it, the agent saw space in F that was not displaying online directly from DXB-SEA and put me on it.

Bottom line: Always call when booking EK and see what the agents can find. Apparently not all availability in F will display properly online.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 12:14 am

Trying to do BCN to LAX near the end of July. I found one on the 21st but it is only F from BCN to DXB but coach from DXB to LAX. Is there a chance to get that DXB to LAX flight to F if I call?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 5:20 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by phant0m
Trying to do BCN to LAX near the end of July. I found one on the 21st but it is only F from BCN to DXB but coach from DXB to LAX. Is there a chance to get that DXB to LAX flight to F if I call?
I know one guaranteed way to find out!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by CLG
I know one guaranteed way to find out!
If you call EK direct they will tell you to call AS
Old Feb 18, 2016, 10:35 pm

Waiting to book

I'm still fairly new to this so bear with me here...

I've been patiently waiting to book EK F for Jan 15, 2017: MLE - DXB - YYZ. Every single day when the 331 day out opens up, I check on AK and I see no EK F availability? What gives? Shouldn't there be at least two seats as soon as the flight is loaded? I've had Expert Flyer alerts set for the whole week of Jan 9th and not one alert has gone off. Is EK not releasing any award F inventory?

Anyway, as of today, the AK website let you book as far as Jan 14. However, I noticed on the EK website, that you can only select as far as Jan 12 (???).

What are my best chances to secure this booking? Should I call AK first thing in the AM as soon as they open up the 15th of Jan?

Thank you all and I apologize if my question has already been answered. I went through the forum, but not all 190+ pages!

Last edited by zohairkk; Feb 18, 2016 at 10:53 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:37 am

Hi,

Would I be allowed to do something like SIN-DXB-MAN (stopover) MXP-JFK? Flying EK J for 75k.

Has anyone done similar?

MXP and DME are the only two fifth freedom US-Europe, right??

Extrapolate that a little, can you mix carriers? SIN-DXB-MAN (stop) on EK. MAN-JFK on AA?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:22 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dannyrado
Extrapolate that a little, can you mix carriers? SIN-DXB-MAN (stop) on EK. MAN-JFK on AA?
You can only mix carriers when it's AS and 1 partner. You can't mix two partner airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.