Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15 minutes of Gogo for free on AS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
15 minutes of Gogo for free on AS

See promotional material here.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 4:01 pm

Very cool! I've never used the internet in flight before, so I'm looking forward to trying it out when I go south in a week. ^
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Kaphias
Very cool! I've never used the internet in flight before, so I'm looking forward to trying it out when I go south in a week. ^
It's really nothing special. The novelty of it was neat three or four years ago though.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 5:26 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
It could take that long just to get connected based on recent experience........
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
How is this different from the 15 minutes of usable time you get when you pay?
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There isn't a code - do you just open the browser and learn of your "gift?"
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There isn't a code - do you just open the browser and learn of your "gift?"
Yes! They do ask for an email address, but you have to opt in to getting junk mail.

Regarding the question of how this is different than the service you pay for, the biggest difference is you don't have to pay for It! You also don't have to create a gogo account. It is also only good in the lower 48 and Alaska. Coming up from Mexico we didn't get the offer when we hit gogo coverage.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by johnp012001
Yes! They do ask for an email address, but you have to opt in to getting junk mail.

Regarding the question of how this is different than the service you pay for, the biggest difference is you don't have to pay for It! You also don't have to create a gogo account. It is also only good in the lower 48 and Alaska. Coming up from Mexico we didn't get the offer when we hit gogo coverage.
Actually, you don't have to check the box. You do have to provide the email address, but it still works if you don't check the box. (This does not mean you won't get junk )
Old Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Actually, you don't have to check the box. You do have to provide the email address, but it still works if you don't check the box. (This does not mean you won't get junk )
Sorry, poorly worded. I was impressed that you had to actually check the box if you wanted the junk mail, that it defaulted to unchecked and you didn't have to check it! Boy, that 15 minutes goes fast!
Old Jun 10, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan
For those of you like me who didn't read the fine print and tried to use it on a transcon - the offer is only valid for "flights traveling within and between the US West Coast and Alaska."
Old Jun 15, 2012, 11:28 am
HDK

Programs: AS MVPG 1MM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, TR Seven Stars, Mlife Noir, TSA Pre
Also note that if you travel with multiple devices and have mulitple email addresses you can get 15 minutes on each device/email address...I got 45 minutes of service on each leg of my trip back to Anchorage yesterday...
Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
New offer for 15 free minutes just received today, underwritten by Western Digital. From August 8 to Sept. 7, enjoy 15 minutes of free wifi on Gogo-equipped AS aircraft.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by dave1013
New offer for 15 free minutes just received today, underwritten by Western Digital. From August 8 to Sept. 7, enjoy 15 minutes of free wifi on Gogo-equipped AS aircraft.
So what happens if you go over the 15 minutes? Does it just shut down or are you asked if you would like to pay for the rest of your flight? Just curious.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by BOB W
Originally Posted by dave1013
So what happens if you go over the 15 minutes? Does it just shut down or are you asked if you would like to pay for the rest of your flight? Just curious.
It redirects to gogo's splash screen where you can log in and then provide $$.

Ran out heading to ADK myself
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

It redirects to gogo's splash screen where you can log in and then provide $$.

Ran out heading to ADK myself
With my travel schedule the next 30 days, I'll be signing up for the monthly option. I just need to remember to cancel it at the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.