Labor Day can't come fast enough

Old Aug 8, 2012, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, DL D360
Labor Day can't come fast enough

Arrived at SEA this morning at 7:15 for my 8:25 AM flight to PHL. Mobile boarding pass wouldn't work, and despite her best efforts the nice lady on the Gold line couldn't get it resolved, and the kiosk didn't work, so I had to check in with an agent.

The FC/Gold line must have had 25 people in it, customer service was twice that, and the bag check lines were packed. I found a short line at a prepaid bag check line and the agent there kindly printed my BP while the people ahead of me filled out the paperwork for their dog (they weren't going to make it through the customer service line so she let them check him there).

Since my BP didn't require a paper ticket (the usual reason I can't check in online), I was able to get the mobile BP, hoping that I'd still get PreCheck. Headed to the PreCheck line, which was longer than I've ever seen it - it was much longer than the elite line! - all the way up to where they check BPs for the non-elites at the north checkpoint. The PreCheck line was filled with children, elderly people, and others who clearly didn't realize what PreCheck actually is - only about 1/5 of the people in that line cleared.

The elite line moved much faster in any case - got through, didn't get the triple beep (not my day) but avoided the NoS because 'I can't raise my arm over my shoulder'. Still made it to N gates in time to get coffee and got onboard just as they were boarding elites, so in the end it all turned out okay ... but as the subject line says - I can't wait for summer to end.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I agree, but for different reasons --- I'm looking forward to lower fares in the off-peak travel season (crossing my fingers).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.