Alaska Boardroom PDX

Subscribe
I have a layover in PDX and was wondering how their Boardroom is? I know that they offer Alaska Ale, Kona Longboard Beer. I was wondering are the other drinks complimentary such as Gin and Tonic? I read somewhere that only beer and wine were complimentary. I hope to get some Cooks Sparkling wine there.

As a Priority Pass member I have really enjoyed the benefits of using the airline lounges when flying on Southwest and even on Alaska. It has really made the connection time whether its a short connection or long connection much easier.

A quick beer at the lounge vs one at an airport bar is a great benefit along with the snacks etc.
Quote: I have a layover in PDX and was wondering how their Boardroom is? I know that they offer Alaska Ale, Kona Longboard Beer. I was wondering are the other drinks complimentary such as Gin and Tonic? I read somewhere that only beer and wine were complimentary. I hope to get some Cooks Sparkling wine there.

As a Priority Pass member I have really enjoyed the benefits of using the airline lounges when flying on Southwest and even on Alaska. It has really made the connection time whether its a short connection or long connection much easier.

A quick beer at the lounge vs one at an airport bar is a great benefit along with the snacks etc.
No hard stuff per Oregon Liquor rules.

They will have the sparkling wine.
Cook's is sure special. So are Tums.
Tums are never a scarce item in my carry on.
PDX board room is nice, although I've seen it get packed to the gills during the afternoon/evening rush. It has a good view of the C2/C4 gates plus the even side of the D concourse. The staff in there has always been pleasant; overall the PDX BR is of the reasons I vastly prefer connecting in PDX over SEA, the other being that PDX is a much nicer overall facility.
Quote: overall the PDX BR is of the reasons I vastly prefer connecting in PDX over SEA, the other being that PDX is a much nicer overall facility.
SEA is a dump compared to PDX.
PDXBR is a studio apartment compared to SEA's. One floor, narrow and linear. That is why, as Chugach noted, it can get packed to the gills during peak times. Much more than 20 people in there and it can make one claustrophobic. But I agree with the previous comment that the staffpeople there are excellent.
Quote: SEA is a dump compared to PDX.
+1
Some of the folks at PDX are becoming like a second family to me. They're all great, but Lisa is one of the absolute best.

I haven't seen it really full recently, but I have been in there a number of times when I have the whole room to myself. I can make as many pancakes as I desire.
Quote: No hard stuff per Oregon Liquor rules.

They will have the sparkling wine.
I've had bloodies in the UAL red carpet club so I do not believe this is an OLCC rule. It's just Alaska being Alaska
Quote: I've had bloodies in the UAL red carpet club so I do not believe this is an OLCC rule. It's just Alaska being Alaska
The full likker lisens probably costs a bunch more, and in the case of UA, it is a 3d party vendor's license, most likely.
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote:
Quote: I've had bloodies in the UAL red carpet club so I do not believe this is an OLCC rule. It's just Alaska being Alaska
The full likker lisens probably costs a bunch more, and in the case of UA, it is a 3d party vendor's license, most likely.
AFAIK its supposed to be a 'full service' restaurant vs just a place with drinks and snacks to serve hard stuff in PDX.

NW WC aka DL SC doesn't serve hard stuff either- pre or post merger.
Quote: Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)
Yes, they did. Used to have a nice selection of premium labels. They have simply followed the squeak of AS by not paying for the full license, thereby saving on the liquor cost.
Quote: It's just Alaska being Alaska
Squeak, squeak, chip.....................
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote:
Quote: Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)
Yes, they did. Used to have a nice selection of premium labels. They have simply followed the squeak of AS by not paying for the full license, thereby saving on the liquor cost.
Really?

How long ago was this?