Alaska Boardroom PDX

Old Jul 16, 2012, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Alaska Boardroom PDX

I have a layover in PDX and was wondering how their Boardroom is? I know that they offer Alaska Ale, Kona Longboard Beer. I was wondering are the other drinks complimentary such as Gin and Tonic? I read somewhere that only beer and wine were complimentary. I hope to get some Cooks Sparkling wine there.

As a Priority Pass member I have really enjoyed the benefits of using the airline lounges when flying on Southwest and even on Alaska. It has really made the connection time whether its a short connection or long connection much easier.

A quick beer at the lounge vs one at an airport bar is a great benefit along with the snacks etc.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by danielonn
I have a layover in PDX and was wondering how their Boardroom is? I know that they offer Alaska Ale, Kona Longboard Beer. I was wondering are the other drinks complimentary such as Gin and Tonic? I read somewhere that only beer and wine were complimentary. I hope to get some Cooks Sparkling wine there.

As a Priority Pass member I have really enjoyed the benefits of using the airline lounges when flying on Southwest and even on Alaska. It has really made the connection time whether its a short connection or long connection much easier.

A quick beer at the lounge vs one at an airport bar is a great benefit along with the snacks etc.
No hard stuff per Oregon Liquor rules.

They will have the sparkling wine.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Cook's is sure special. So are Tums.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
Tums are never a scarce item in my carry on.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
PDX board room is nice, although I've seen it get packed to the gills during the afternoon/evening rush. It has a good view of the C2/C4 gates plus the even side of the D concourse. The staff in there has always been pleasant; overall the PDX BR is of the reasons I vastly prefer connecting in PDX over SEA, the other being that PDX is a much nicer overall facility.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Originally Posted by Chugach
overall the PDX BR is of the reasons I vastly prefer connecting in PDX over SEA, the other being that PDX is a much nicer overall facility.
SEA is a dump compared to PDX.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
PDXBR is a studio apartment compared to SEA's. One floor, narrow and linear. That is why, as Chugach noted, it can get packed to the gills during peak times. Much more than 20 people in there and it can make one claustrophobic. But I agree with the previous comment that the staffpeople there are excellent.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Tanaka07
SEA is a dump compared to PDX.
+1
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Some of the folks at PDX are becoming like a second family to me. They're all great, but Lisa is one of the absolute best.

I haven't seen it really full recently, but I have been in there a number of times when I have the whole room to myself. I can make as many pancakes as I desire.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by apodo77
No hard stuff per Oregon Liquor rules.

They will have the sparkling wine.
I've had bloodies in the UAL red carpet club so I do not believe this is an OLCC rule. It's just Alaska being Alaska
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jonfriedman
I've had bloodies in the UAL red carpet club so I do not believe this is an OLCC rule. It's just Alaska being Alaska
The full likker lisens probably costs a bunch more, and in the case of UA, it is a 3d party vendor's license, most likely.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The full likker lisens probably costs a bunch more, and in the case of UA, it is a 3d party vendor's license, most likely.
AFAIK its supposed to be a 'full service' restaurant vs just a place with drinks and snacks to serve hard stuff in PDX.

NW WC aka DL SC doesn't serve hard stuff either- pre or post merger.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)
Yes, they did. Used to have a nice selection of premium labels. They have simply followed the squeak of AS by not paying for the full license, thereby saving on the liquor cost.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
It's just Alaska being Alaska
Squeak, squeak, chip.....................
Old Jul 21, 2012, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by BOB W
Originally Posted by beckoa
Yes, they did. Used to have a nice selection of premium labels. They have simply followed the squeak of AS by not paying for the full license, thereby saving on the liquor cost.
Really?

How long ago was this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.