Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 2, 12, 10:56 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, UA urine (PP), A3 *G, AmEx Plat, *$G (Starbucks Gold)
Posts: 4,751
How long for EK flight to credit to AS?

Has anyone had any experience with it yet? Website says 4-6 weeks but I need AS miles for an award that this flight will push me over, so wondering if I should wait a bit longer ...
__________________
I post on HackMyTrip | Twitter: @PointsToPointB | Trip Report: Singapore Airlines A380 Suites/NEW 77W First Class

Last edited by amolkold; May 2, 12 at 11:02 pm..
amolkold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 12, 2:41 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Programs: Alaska Airlines, Marriott, Hilton, Starwood,
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by amolkold View Post
Has anyone had any experience with it yet? Website says 4-6 weeks but I need AS miles for an award that this flight will push me over, so wondering if I should wait a bit longer ...
I returned DOH-DXB-SEA on March 16 and was credited on April 30. A very polite Alaska Rep told me they are still coming up to speed on the EK miles and have a backlog.

Good Luck!

Richard
Inara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 9:09 am   #3
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 22,936
How long does it take Emirates flights to post to AS?

I recently credited an Emirates flight in F to AS. Several subsequent flights, on other carriers credited to yet other carriers, have posted to their respective programs. How long does it typically take an Emirates flight to post to AS?
SanDiego1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 10:29 am   #4
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Posts: 6,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
I recently credited an Emirates flight in F to AS. Several subsequent flights, on other carriers credited to yet other carriers, have posted to their respective programs. How long does it typically take an Emirates flight to post to AS?
This post states an EK flight took 6 -7 weeks to post:
The Emirates are Coming! The Emirates are Coming!
And in this post, 10 days:
Alaska and Emirates Booking Problems
jerry a. laska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 12, 12:35 pm   #5
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 22,936
Thanks, Jerry. I shall be patient. I had thought I would lose the value of the Emirates miles altogether so was really happy when I found that AS was a partner. Thus, I shall be points ahead if/when they post.
SanDiego1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 12, 8:44 am   #6
Community Director
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Anywhere warm
Posts: 22,936
Update: miles posted yesterday.
SanDiego1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 12, 11:41 am   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: All over
Programs: Most
Posts: 10,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Thanks, Jerry. I shall be patient. I had thought I would lose the value of the Emirates miles altogether so was really happy when I found that AS was a partner. Thus, I shall be points ahead if/when they post.
I think that mine took couple of weeks. I had already almost forgotten that they were going to AS.
__________________
Making sense of airline and hotel loyalty programs: LoyaltyLobby.com | YouTube.com/LoyaltyLobby
holtju2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 13, 10:30 pm   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver
Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, TK Elite, AR Plat, SPG Plat
Posts: 12,467
My EK flights from 2/11 posted today complete with all MVP and COS bonuses... 16 days after my flights.
SFO777 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.