Kudos to the AS731 FA's

Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Kudos to the AS731 FA's

Currently sitting in 3F on flight 731 between IAH-SEA. The FC FA turned a very snooty young woman from Economy away from the FC lav, telling her nicely but firmly that there is a lav for her use at row 6. The young woman turned around and said "B!tch" loud enough for all of FC the hear it.

I wish more FA's on AS had the nerve to not let a steady stream of people parade through First. I appreciated it.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Chugach
Currently sitting in 3F on flight 731 between IAH-SEA. The FC FA turned a very snooty young woman from Economy away from the FC lav, telling her nicely but firmly that there is a lav for her use at row 6. The young woman turned around and said "B!tch" loud enough for all of FC the hear it.

I wish more FA's on AS had the nerve to not let a steady stream of people parade through First. I appreciated it.
Please, please, PLEASE send in an Expression of Thanks certificate for this! If word gets around among the FAs that people appreciate enforcement of the "for security reasons" announcement, maybe more will do it.

I don't mind if the occasional Y passenger trapped by the drink/food cart uses the F lav on a 734/G/8, but the constant parade of passengers using it because it's more convenient gets old if I'm sitting at my seat waiting for the lav to empty before getting up to use it and can't get up before having a Y passenger shove past me to get in the lav. And there is absolutely, 100% no reason for any Y passenger to use the F lav on a 739 with mid-cabin lav.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: Soon to be Gold again!
Originally Posted by jackal
And there is absolutely, 100% no reason for any Y passenger to use the F lav on a 739 with mid-cabin lav.
I have seen one instance where I think an exception should have been made, but the FA kept it from happening, so it is moot.

A young woman went into the mid-cabin lav with her backpack. She was in there for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, a little girl of about 5 years old needed to use the lav. She was trapped by the drink/food carts. When young children need to go, they need to go. The girl wasn't rude, and didn't act entitled to go to the FC lav, she just looked like she needed to go. The girl made it when the woman finally came out (the girl should have knocked but stood politely), but she was obviously cutting it close.

Having accidentally sat in a coach seat on an Airtran flight back in 2007 that someone had released their bladder in (and failed to tell anyone), when you have to to go, you have to go. I got a first class upgrade on that Airtran flight, but changing out of pants that were soaked in someone else's body fluids wasn't worth the upgrade.

There are some individuals that have prostate issues and when they need to go, they need to go. If you have someone hogging a lav, and they are boxed in, what are they to do?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 4:43 pm

Yep, if the lavatory is there at row 6, there should be NO coach passengers using the FC one unless it was an absolute emergency.

Really think there should be a lavatory right after first class or close to it for the trapped by the cart people in every new plane that is being made and/or refurbished.

Last edited by Rifleman69; Jul 11, 2012 at 11:51 am Reason: add info
Old Jul 10, 2012, 5:00 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Chugach

hell yes I agree with jackal send an expression of thanks card

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.