When will WP app become available?

Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
When will WP app become available?

have been using the AA app on my windows phone for a while, and loved it.. change seat, check flight status, etc. on the go is a huge +

as far as I know, the AS app only has the iphone version. When will the windows version be available? any insider here?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

m.alaskaair.com is what us bb users are limited to now

There's an android app too...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
m.alaskaair.com is what us bb users are limited to now
Who on earth uses BB anymore?
Old Jun 10, 2012, 8:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
+1, I'd love a Windows Phone app.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by jackal
Who on earth uses BB anymore?
Those of us that are stuck what our employer pays for.....

Now, if mine somehow goes missing, right after RIM folds
Old Jun 11, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
Those of us that are stuck what our employer pays for.....

Now, if mine somehow goes missing, right after RIM folds
I'll rephrase: who on earth willingly uses BBs anymore--that is, buys them at retail?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I'll rephrase: who on earth willingly uses BBs anymore--that is, buys them at retail?
No one. Hence the billion $$$ writedown of their existing inventories.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
No one. Hence the billion $$$ writedown of their existing inventories.
Well, one person. The same guy whose shorts are wet from the ANC-KOA announcement.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well, one person. The same guy whose shorts are wet from the ANC-KOA announcement.
Not bookable yet?

I really should be posting this from my bb
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by travelsg
have been using the AA app on my windows phone for a while, and loved it.. change seat, check flight status, etc. on the go is a huge +

as far as I know, the AS app only has the iphone version. When will the windows version be available? any insider here?
When pigs fly. Seriously Windows Phone?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Rifleman69
When pigs fly. Seriously Windows Phone?
Hey, if they can manage to crack 2% of the market share then anything is possible.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by hgdf
Hey, if they can manage to crack 2% of the market share then anything is possible.
Well, an airline based in SEA might have more than 2% of their user base using WP.

(OTOH, they are expanding in SJC... )
Old Jun 12, 2012, 1:16 pm

Given Microsoft's dismal track record with mobile devices I'm surprised anyone would want a windows phone.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by greybeardy
Given Microsoft's dismal track record with mobile devices I'm surprised anyone would want a windows phone.
Having used everything except blackberry - I have to say, Windows really does have a winner with Windows Phone. After both iPhone and Android use of 3-6 months, I was tired of many aspects of it, but I've been using a Windows phone now since Nov 2010, and I still love the phone/OS. And for the record - I used and **HATED** Windows Mobile.

But back on topic - My understanding is that everything you can do on the iphone app you can do on the m.alaskaair.com site. I've used it a couple times, and am happy enough with it, but I too would rather have a stand alone app.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 7:07 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.583 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by rybob1
Originally Posted by greybeardy
Having used everything except blackberry - I have to say, Windows really does have a winner with Windows Phone. After both iPhone and Android use of 3-6 months, I was tired of many aspects of it, but I've been using a Windows phone now since Nov 2010, and I still love the phone/OS. And for the record - I used and **HATED** Windows Mobile.

But back on topic - My understanding is that everything you can do on the iphone app you can do on the m.alaskaair.com site. I've used it a couple times, and am happy enough with it, but I too would rather have a stand alone app.
Exactly one click solution would be preferred then typing m.alaskaair.com on the go. Guess I need to assign a hot key on my homescreen for the mobile website

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.