Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Daydreaming of direct Alaska flights at YVR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Daydreaming of direct Alaska flights at YVR

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I would be happier with AS if they didn't cancel HNL and LAS out of BLI this summer.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
I'm also surprised that AS hasn't tried YXY from SEA, JNU or ANC.
Originally Posted by OO-SLC-CR9
I could see ANC-YXY on a Q400...
Air North used to fly YXY-JNU for a long time but pulled it about 10 years ago, I think at the same time they axed YDA-FAI (although they are back in FAI flying tourist-only charters on 732's).

I posted something like this on a similar thread a few months ago, but I think AS could make ANC-YXY work, and here's how: time it to connect with some combination of ANC-Hawaii/Vegas/LAX/PHX nonstops, and market the heck out of it in Whitehorse. I also think you'd see some local AK/YT market stimulation with such service. Probably not enough to be daily, but enough to justify a few times per week.

Era flew ANC-YXY for a while in the 90's and apparently it was full of Yukoners looking to do some shopping in Anchorage.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Chugach
Era flew ANC-YXY for a while in the 90's and apparently it was full of Yukoners looking to do some shopping in Anchorage.
Yep, I was working for Era at that time and they were operating a Convair 580 turboprop on the route.

And way back in the day, Wien Air Alaska was flying a B737-200 a couple of days a week on an Anchorage-Fairbanks-Whitehorse-Juneau routing.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
Huh? It's an A319. They've used the E-jets occasionally in the past but never a CR7 that I'm aware of.
Actually Air Canada don't even operate the route; it's an AC Rouge A319 as of last season. Originally I'm sure it was a CRJ705

As for it being a long route for a CRJ, Air Canada Express fly IAH-YYC on a 705, 4+ hrs
Old May 27, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by CZBB
Actually Air Canada don't even operate the route; it's an AC Rouge A319 as of last season. Originally I'm sure it was a CRJ705

As for it being a long route for a CRJ, Air Canada Express fly IAH-YYC on a 705, 4+ hrs
It's been a 319, with the occasional E-jet, since day one in 2002. Trust me.
Old May 27, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I just want one more AS flight to LAX that doesn't require getting up at OMG o'clock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.