Wiki Posts
Search

Confused about partner benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 7:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Confused about partner benefits

I thought if you were elite with AA the benefits transferred over to AS. My husband is BOTH MVP with AS and Gold with AA. I just made a reservation, and usually we use his AS number but this time I put in his AA number (on an AS res made on the AS website). With his AA number, we could NOT reserve the Exit row. I switched to his AS number, and we could.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
The benefits accorded an AA flyer are listed on AA's website. AA Golds don't get preferred AS seating, Platinums and EXPs do.

None of the benefits "transfer over" as such, all the reciprocal perks are negotiated piece-by-piece between the two airlines.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

We really want him to get his AA miles. If he switches to his AA number shortly before the flight, will they throw us out of the exit row?
Old May 5, 2012, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
We really want him to get his AA miles. If he switches to his AA number shortly before the flight, will they throw us out of the exit row?
In theory, it should. In practice, YMMV.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:51 am
Original Poster

New twist on the original question. He might not be MVP on AS next year, and for a trip that is already booked with exit row selected, will they toss him out of the exit row since he did not requalify? Will they let him know in advance or will he find out when someone is sitting in his seat?
Old May 5, 2012, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
New twist on the original question. He might not be MVP on AS next year, and for a trip that is already booked with exit row selected, will they toss him out of the exit row since he did not requalify? Will they let him know in advance or will he find out when someone is sitting in his seat?
IIRC he won't get moved unless there is a schedule change and/or a/c swap, (or he makes a change to his itin) as the exit row cannot be reselected w/o status nor full Y fare.
Old May 5, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
really there is no gurantee until you've checked in at T-24.. but upon checkin you must enter your FF number and at that point you must choose between AS and AA.. so the computer can easily detect that you are on a different FF program and therefore assign a different seat to you. but computers are as good as what they're told to do, so you might get lucky. keep us posted on what you find out..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.