where to eat at PDX

Subscribe
I have a 90min layover at PDX tonite around dinner time. Where is a good place to eat? Also, I have a united club pass and was thinking about wandering over to E, would I have enough time to get back to the Alaska gates?
We love the Portabella mushroom at Stanford's (before security). After security, there are good options but none as relaxing.
Stanford's is indeed your best bet, but being before security likely not possible given your connection time.

As to your second question, the United Club is probably a 5 or so minute walk from the Alaska gates (a couple more to the commuter gates) and is connected behind security.
PDX Festine
Laurelwood Brewery in E Concourse (inside security) has excellent food. I love their spinach salad with feta, chicken, candied walnuts and grapefruit slices - YUM! They're also one of our local breweries, so you can also enjoy a local microbrew or a decent selection of draught beers.

If you feel like heading down C Terminal, near C15, you'll find Gustav's which is a small chain restaurant that has some heartier meals including excellent fondue/raclette.

As someone above mentioned, prior to security, Stanford's is super. I love their Halibut Fish Tacos or one of their Flatbreads. PDX security is fast enough, especially if you have elite card which allows you expedited security screening.

Also before security is Elephant's Deli. They're the best option for Grab and Go food at the airport -- so if you're in a hurry, definitely stop their. Most of their foods (except for Mama Leone's Soup) have been pre-approved to take through security without question.

Hope that helps! PDX has the best food offerings IMO. Always happy to call it home. ;-)
Also, don't waste your time at UC in PDX. It's small, doesn't have anything more than snack food (barely) and can get crowded now that UA & CO share all the E gates. It's across from E1/E2 and up the elevator to 2nd Floor. I always go there in the morning on a nice day for a good runway view and lookout over to Vancouver.
I 2nd Laurelwood Brewery over by the Horizon gates (A). Their biscuits and gravy with eggs are fantastic. The beer is really good too and they sell 22oz bottles to go.
Mmmm laurelwood's does sound pretty tasty! I think I'll give it a try. Thanks guys
Don't forget Rogue Brewery in concourse D. Excellent beers.
Gustav's on concourse C was always a favorite for my wife and me. Haven't been through PDX in a few years but that's the only airport restaurant we would ever arrive at an airport early for.
PDX has been my home airport for 7 years. I rarely eat in the airport but from the food I have seen and actually tasted here is my ranking:

Beaches (pre-security)..can't believe no one mentioned this. Just about the same menu as the restaurant on the river with a ton of choices

Gustav's - great beer selection as well and the chicken schnitzel is great. Little note--the lentil soup is actually home made (and very good) on site every morning. A rarity in the airport restaurant arena

Rogue - very good burgers and chicken wrap

Laurelwood (one in terminal A and terminal E)- great beer selection and the one time I ate there (breakfast) the food was solid

Rose's Deli (Terminal D) - great sandwiches

I think Stanfords sucks and would eat at the Food Court before eating there. With the one caveat unless it is happy hour. I challenge any airport restaurant in the country to match Stanfords Happy Hour Menu. Doubt any could come close.
My kids loved Pizza Schmizza (when we had flights to PDX )
Ended up getting the spinach salad at Laurelwoods and it was excellent! Thanks Bankerman
Glad to hear you stopped there. I love that salad! Something about the grapefruit slices and the feta crumbles is just refreshing and delicious!