Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Gold and MVP Delta upgrades start 11/18/2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond

Automation officially begins 11/18/2010, until then you may request to be put on the upgrade list at the airport.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:11 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Can you clarify the source of your information or what party you represent?
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
I know for a fact the OP is an employee with DL, based on my occasional participation over at the DL forum, and I can verify that the OP is a reliable source.

Thank you so much for sharing this info and communicating this with us NWA012! ^

While you are here I know AF/KL elites will get upgrades on DL in December... Where will they be placed on the list with AS elites? In the same pool, before us, or after us? If that information has not been released yet, then that is fine.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by baliktad
And we need a page from delta.com or something we can show to the red coats at the airport to prove we are eligible, otherwise there are going to be a lot of arguments with gate agents and sky priority ticket counter agents.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 4:41 pm

Also, AS better be ready to start reciprocating baggage waivers for DL GM+ on the 18th too!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Hope you don't mind but i posted the following on the FB page:

Another reliable source within DL says AS elite upgrades on DL will be automatic effective 11/18. Mileage Plan system upgrade at AS yesterday. Could these be related? We'll see soon
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NWA012
Automation officially begins 11/18/2010, until then you may request to be put on the upgrade list at the airport.
^ I will take NWA012 as better than an official word. I also happen to be on MSP-DTW on 11/18. I know, but let me have my hopes...
Old Nov 9, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Very good to hear it from a credible source, but I'll still believe it when I see it.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, DL GM, DL SkyClub
Any info on automation of currently held bookings? I know delta.com has a clickable box to opt-in for elite upgrades on new bookings. How will this be handled for existing bookings?
Old Nov 10, 2010, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Thanks for the kind words, always here to help when I can.

Upgrades on Delta will be after ALL SkyMiles Medallion members have been cleared. Should be the same on Alaska flights for SkyMiles Medallion members, after all Alaska MVPG and MVP have been cleared.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by NWA012
Thanks for the kind words, always here to help when I can.

Upgrades on Delta will be after ALL SkyMiles Medallion members have been cleared. Should be the same on Alaska flights for SkyMiles Medallion members, after all Alaska MVPG and MVP have been cleared.
Hahahaha. So what you are really saying is that we won't be having upgrades.

I guess it's really just an honor to be nominated for upgrades.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by lebowski76
Hahahaha. So what you are really saying is that we won't be having upgrades.

I guess it's really just an honor to be nominated for upgrades.
Seats go empty after all elites have cleared in DL F all the time. Remember their first class cabins are usually much larger than an AS F cabin. Upgrades for AS elites will be more common than you think... if they ever actually start.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:14 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
RR at the gold lunch today claimed they are in operation today.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by dabears1020
Seats go empty after all elites have cleared in DL F all the time. Remember their first class cabins are usually much larger than an AS F cabin. Upgrades for AS elites will be more common than you think... if they ever actually start.
Sure, I'm guessing that unpopular red-eye to nowhere will get you an upgrade - which is great. However, for popular routes I see this as next to impossible considering you have to clear 4 tiers of medallions, then no telling where you will be on the Alaska list.

Even more difficult this late in the year when more people become eligible. Heck, on an Alaska flight last week I was 28th on the upgrade list. That's 3 rounds of "nah, I'll pass on an upgrade."
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by maokh
RR at the gold lunch today claimed they are in operation today.
Yup... Manually for now with full automation on 11/18... That is probably why when some of us are trying to access our DL reservations and submit an upgrade request, but nothing happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.