Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 20, 14, 8:32 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: AS Status Match
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: eponymous_coward
Preliminary FAQ wiki:

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Auto response from elite.flyer@alaskaair.com (on Oct 1, 2014; emphasis ours):

Quote:
Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. To submit your
request for a Tier Match, send a copy of both sides of your current elite card,
an e-Statement showing current status and your drivers license. If your
original email did not include all of these documents, please resubmit with all
three attached. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your
documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and
can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount.
Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your
account and the status is valid through 12/31/2015.

We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many
years to come!
Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American,
Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, US Airways, and Virgin
America

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 11, 12, 9:16 pm   #1

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
AS Status Match

I'm US Airways Silver and sent a request to elite.flyer@alaskaair.com 10 days ago to status match to MVP. No response. I sent a follow-up email to mileage.plan@alaskaair.com a few days ago. No response.

Does AS still do status matches? My emails seem to be going into a black hole. I had also sent a couple of other emails to mileage plan to get partner credit on a car rental over the last few months and again, radio silence. I wonder if anyone is getting any sign of life writing to mileage plan.

Is there a trick here? Perhaps I should try calling mileage plan...
koopas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 12, 9:46 pm   #2

Programs: US Chairmans, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, IC AMB, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*, Sixt Plat
I got a status match back in December from US CP to MVP Gold. I requested 75k but they wouldn't do that.
Old Feb 12, 12, 12:10 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopas View Post
I'm US Airways Silver and sent a request to elite.flyer@alaskaair.com 10 days ago to status match to MVP. No response. I sent a follow-up email to mileage.plan@alaskaair.com a few days ago. No response.

Does AS still do status matches? My emails seem to be going into a black hole. I had also sent a couple of other emails to mileage plan to get partner credit on a car rental over the last few months and again, radio silence. I wonder if anyone is getting any sign of life writing to mileage plan.

Is there a trick here? Perhaps I should try calling mileage plan...
Yes, status matches are still done, but you have to send proof of your current status on the other carrier. Did you do so? If you'd like to follow-up, I'd recommend a call to Customer Care at 1-800-654-5669 during business hours Monday through Friday.
Old Feb 12, 12, 12:27 am   #4

Programs: AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Quote:
Originally Posted by uva185 View Post
I got a status match back in December from US CP to MVP Gold. I requested 75k but they wouldn't do that.
AS does not match to 75K AFAIK
Old Feb 12, 12, 2:11 am   #5

Snowdevil,

Yes, I attached a copy of my US Air statement and copy of my silver status card. I'll call Mileage Plan on Monday. I'm puzzled at the lack of communication from AS though.
Old Feb 12, 12, 10:16 am   #6
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
no offense meant here but pick up the phone and call somebody. I myself get so much email I dont and cant read half of it and thats just sole proprietorship emails. The larger the company the more emails they get. I cant even imagine how many 1000s of emails AS gets daily. Obviously so many they quick publishing their email addresses actively on their website a couple years ago. So call them up Email has its time and place but its come to the point people are either too timid or lazy(not saying you are, just saying in general) to talk to a real person face to face or phone to phone

Also theres been a lot of uprising in fraud on fake status matching credentials. Perhaps AS has checked with US and is waiting to hear from them
Old Feb 12, 12, 8:37 pm   #7

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Executive Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, BA Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANC View Post
Also theres been a lot of uprising in fraud on fake status matching credentials. Perhaps AS has checked with US and is waiting to hear from them
How do you think that goes over?

"Hi, US Airways? This is Susan at Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Customer Service. I'm trying to verify the status of one of your elites so we can match their status in our program and steal business from you."
United757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 12, 9:18 pm   #8

ANC,

Fair comment. I chose the email vehicle since I figured it'd be the best method to attach my US credentials for proof of status.

Another factor for choosing the email route being that I couldn't see the status match option explicitly advertised on the AS website so figured that email would be less "confrontational" v. putting an agent on the spot. Maybe the adjective "timid" applies here.

Cheers.
Old Feb 12, 12, 9:41 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: T.A.
OT: Will screen shots be accepted when attached to emails when asking for status matches?
Guy Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 12, 10:39 pm   #10

Programs: AA EXP 1.75MM, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy View Post
OT: Will screen shots be accepted when attached to emails when asking for status matches?
Mine were. That was ~1 year ago, but just my experience. Send it screenshot of AA activity plus scan of current EXP card
mikelat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 5:16 pm   #11
ANC

Quote:
ANC,

Fair comment. I chose the email vehicle since I figured it'd be the best method to attach my US credentials for proof of status.

Another factor for choosing the email route being that I couldn't see the status match option explicitly advertised on the AS website so figured that email would be less "confrontational" v. putting an agent on the spot. Maybe the adjective "timid" applies here.

Cheers.
they used to have the faxing option as well although at this point and time I imagine their faxes are electronic as well and end up in an email box
Old Feb 13, 12, 5:20 pm   #12
ANC

Quote:
Originally Posted by United757 View Post
How do you think that goes over?

"Hi, US Airways? This is Susan at Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Customer Service. I'm trying to verify the status of one of your elites so we can match their status in our program and steal business from you."
lol yeah I suppose but I do know that DL does check with whatever airline you request a match from. Maybe they have no shame or some of these large legacy carriers have actually partnered up in that area to eliminate the fraud. If US helps out DL it might be DL helping out US tomorrow. Its a we scratch your back we'll scratch yours kind of thing
Old Feb 13, 12, 5:22 pm   #13
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: Information Desk &Alaska Airlines
2014 Elections

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Silver, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANC
Quote:
ANC,

Cheers.
they used to have the faxing option as well although at this point and time I imagine their faxes are electronic as well and end up in an email box
My DL fax two years ago was converted into an e-fax It was a bit strange.
beckoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 12, 6:58 pm   #14

Status Match Update

Called Mileage Plan and lo and behold, the status match had gone through...just hadn't updated on the AS site (until I hung up the phone and checked of course).

How long does it take to get the MVP card in the mail? Does one need to present it to get the checked luggage fee waived?
Old Feb 13, 12, 10:03 pm   #15

Programs: AA EXP 1.75MM, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Quote:
Called Mileage Plan and lo and behold, the status match had gone through...just hadn't updated on the AS site (until I hung up the phone and checked of course).

How long does it take to get the MVP card in the mail? Does one need to present it to get the checked luggage fee waived?
I didn't need the card to get luggage fees waived. They had it noted in the system already when I checked in with my AS FF #. This was checking in the day after my match went through.
mikelat is offline   Reply With Quote