Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Note that AS status matches are 'one time' so you don't want to burn your one shot if you won't be flying AS much.
Thanks, did not know that...

and being in Toronto, AS actually is almost impossible to fly, but I'll probably not status match for now then
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pdxray
Based on previous posts, I believe AS will only match up to MVP Gold. You'd have to earn 75K.

You can retain status by crediting at least 50,000 miles from Aeromexico, Air France, American, KLM, Delta, Emirates and/or LAN flights to your AS account.
Is that true?! I'm gong to end up about 10,000 miles short of MVP this year it appears but I have over 500,000 miles on AA saved up through the years. So you are saying I can transfer 50K of that and retain my MVP status for next year?

Thanks...

M
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by mark diver
Originally Posted by pdxray
Based on previous posts, I believe AS will only match up to MVP Gold. You'd have to earn 75K.

You can retain status by crediting at least 50,000 miles from Aeromexico, Air France, American, KLM, Delta, Emirates and/or LAN flights to your AS account.
Is that true?! I'm gong to end up about 10,000 miles short of MVP this year it appears but I have over 500,000 miles on AA saved up through the years. So you are saying I can transfer 50K of that and retain my MVP status for next year?

Thanks...

M
'crediting' flown miles...
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond

Not sure they have records of "flown miles" going back to as far as 1996 when I started with AA. I probably have 50,000 though.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Not sure they have records of "flown miles" going back to as far as 1996 when I started with AA. I probably have 50,000 though.
To further clarify, Elite Qualifying Miles (ones not credited to another program). One cannot transfer miles from another program into AS to gain or maintain status. They need to hop on a pane.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS 75K
To phrase more explicitly, you need to credit 50k miles in the appropriate qualification time to earn (or retain if you already have). The partners listed are those on which Alaska will grant EQM (with some codeshare restrictions, see the appropriate partner page for details).
This is purely going forward for future flights rather than any kind of retroactive measure.

The specific statement you were replying to was talking about this sequence of events:
1. Apply for AS match on whatever date required to be matched through end of 2014
2. Get matched to gold
3. Fly 50k EQM on partners only during 2014
4. Earn gold again for 2015
What's going on there is earning AS status purely by flying partners rather than AS.

Hopefully that's more clear now.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Finally requesting my AS status match when I return from this trip to Europe. Excited! The UA devaluation was the last straw.

Is the best recommended practice still to call MP to discuss before sending docs? Any chance in heck of being matched to 75K from $15k of spend and 1K status on UA?
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Any chance in heck of being matched to 75K from $15k of spend and 1K status on UA?
No.

AS only will match to MVPG. 75K needs to be earned, which keeps the number of 75Ks in check.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 10:05 am

No.

AS only will match to MVPG. 75K needs to be earned, which keeps the number of 75Ks in check.
No personal experience, but from comments at http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...h-reflections/

Originally Posted by blog
November 2nd, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Answida said,

I was offered a match to 75k as DL diamond this week. It was on the phone. I figured it was part of the increased competition between the two. Didn’t jump at the time but might still. Thanks for the nice summary.
So calling could maybe be better?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by LwoodY2K
No.

No personal experience, but from comments at http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...h-reflections/

Originally Posted by blog
November 2nd, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Answida said,

I was offered a match to 75k as DL diamond this week. It was on the phone. I figured it was part of the increased competition between the two. Didn’t jump at the time but might still. Thanks for the nice summary.
So calling could maybe be better?
Thanks for the link. I see the 'Post' but I'd take that with a grain of salt. If it was a seasoned FTer posting it would hold a lot more weight in my opinion. But one can always call and ask- it could be the next phase in AS' defense of SEA against DL. I just hope if this is true, AS is fully vetting Diamond requiring color copies of your Diamond Card, Drivers License, and mileage activity printout.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the link. I see the 'Post' but I'd take that with a grain of salt. If it was a seasoned FTer posting it would hold a lot more weight in my opinion. But one can always call and ask- it could be the next phase in AS' defense of SEA against DL. I just hope if this is true, AS is fully vetting Diamond requiring color copies of your Diamond Card, Drivers License, and mileage activity printout.
I really hope AS copies the challenge rather that straight match.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Will they match TK*G to MVP Gold? I've got quite a bit of west coast flying planned for next year, though I haven't really had any history of domestic US flying in my statements.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Will they match TK*G to MVP Gold? I've got quite a bit of west coast flying planned for next year, though I haven't really had any history of domestic US flying in my statements.
The worst AS could say is no.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Tried getting someone to "attn" my email to over the call center but was told they don't do that, so I guess I'm in for a long wait.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 1:51 pm

Programs: General Awesome Guy
Status match just went through according to my AS account. UA PP to AS MVP Gold. Had some email conversations with them, and they said they will look at taking me to 75k early based on numbers I put up in the first part of the year. We shall see what happens, but I appreciated the fact that they were even willing to entertain the idea. So glad to being leaving mileageminus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.