Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 4, 2014, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rustykettel
Apply from October 1 2017 for status match thru end of 2018.

JANUARY 2017 AS MATCH UPDATE

AS matches to MVPG75K, MVPG and MVP tiers

Alaskaair.com explanation and terms

Auto-response from [email protected]:

Thank you for your interest in our award winning Mileage Plan. If your request did not include a copy of both sides of your current elite card OR a screenshot of your digital elite membership card and a screen shot of your online account showing your name, current status and YTD miles flown please re-submit. Allow 2-4 weeks for processing once we have received your documents. When your Tier Match is complete, you'll receive a welcome email and can check your status at alaskaair.com/myaccount. Please note that Tier Matches can only be extended once during the life of your account and the status is valid through 12/31/2017. We look forward to welcoming you into our program and flying with you for many years to come! Also note, we only offer a Tier Match for: AeroMexico, Air Canada, American, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America
Attachments:
- Physical Elite Card (both sides) OR Screenshot of Digital Card
- Screenshot of online account with Name / Status / YTD miles flown
ID no longer required. Actual flying of a certain threshold is OFFICIALLY required for determining level of match. Only one match per lifetime of account.

Match to MVP status from:
Aeromexico Gold
Air Canada Altitude 25K (Prestige) and 35K
American Airlines AAdvantage Gold
Delta Silver Medallion
Frontier Elite
Hawaiian Pualani Gold
JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic
Southwest A List
United Premier Silver and Premier Associate
Match to MVP Gold status from:
Aeromexico Platinum
Air Canada Altitude 50K
American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum
Delta Gold Medallion
Hawaiian Pualani Platinum
Southwest A-List Preferred
United Premier Gold
Match to Gold 75K status from:
Aeromexico Titanio
Air Canada Altitude 75K and 100K
American Airlines Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, and ConciergeKey
Delta Platinum Medallion and Diamond Medallion
Southwest Companion Pass and A List Preferred (must hold both)
United Platinum, 1K, and Global Services

Ineligible Airline Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business unfortunately, we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who have elite status with [INSERT INELIGIBLE AIRLINE]."
Ineligible MP Address Reply
"Thank you for your interest in our Tier Match program. While we do appreciate
your anticipated business, unfortunately we do not offer Tier Matches to
members who live outside of the Alaska Airlines route structure and therefore
we must decline your request for a Tier Match."
Print Wikipost

AS Status Match - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
I matched to MVP 75k in March '16 (expecting status until Dec '16), but my upgrades seem to be valid until Dec '17...

Does this mean my status is valid until Dec '17 as well, or are the upgrades usually valid for a bit longer than the status?

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
I matched to MVP 75k in March '16 (expecting status until Dec '16), but my upgrades seem to be valid until Dec '17...

Does this mean my status is valid until Dec '17 as well, or are the upgrades usually valid for a bit longer than the status?

Thanks!
The upgrades issued are always valid for the rest of the current year plus the next year whereas your status will expire at the end of this year since you matched in March.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by wanderlust4life
The upgrades issued are always valid for the rest of the current year plus the next year whereas your status will expire at the end of this year since you matched in March.
Thanks wanderlust4life!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Smiley90
that was mentioned somewhere previously, yes. The status to be matched has to be actually earned - United will similarly deny a status challenge for "non-legitimate" holders of AA Plat

By Christmas time, I will have completed an AA Platinum corporate challenge - From October-December, I would have earned 12,500 EQM and will have had my status extended until January 31, 2018. I'm interesting in status matching to Alaska next year - would it be possible to status match in early January 2017? I would be showing zero YTD miles and about 13,000 EQM in 4Q16 (before October, I flew about 13,000 miles on Delta, so that won't show up in my AA acount obviously). Even a match to MVP (instead of MVP Gold) would be useful as it would get me complementary upgrades on Delta flights.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Even a match to MVP (instead of MVP Gold) would be useful as it would get me complementary upgrades on Delta flights.
I would not expect much use from being 17 of 21 on the upgrade list. AS elites fall below DL Silvers, and you're in NYC (read: YUUUUUGE number of DL elites). You'd be better off with your DL Silver status that's listed in your profile.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I would not expect much use from being 17 of 21 on the upgrade list. AS elites fall below DL Silvers, and you're in NYC (read: YUUUUUGE number of DL elites). You'd be better off with your DL Silver status that's listed in your profile.
I just corrected my profile - the issue is that I won't make DL Silver this year because AA offered me a challenge, and I switched my flying to AA idyear in order to make their Platinum. Doing some Delta flying is unavoidable for me, so I was seeing if matched Alaska status was a way to get around that. Maybe I should just status challenge to Delta early in the year and see where I end up
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I just corrected my profile - the issue is that I won't make DL Silver this year because AA offered me a challenge, and I switched my flying to AA idyear in order to make their Platinum. Doing some Delta flying is unavoidable for me, so I was seeing if matched Alaska status was a way to get around that. Maybe I should just status challenge to Delta early in the year and see where I end up
I think it's highly unlikely they're going to match someone who just ditched DL Silver in the immediate past, though I suppose nothing ventured nothing gained. You obviously didn't value the existing status highly enough to retain it, so why should they give it to you when you failed to requalify when given the chance to retain status?

There is a penalty for doing the "I'm going to status match my way into all these programs and collect all the shiny cards I can" conga line... aside from the "well, remember what we said about once in a lifetime match? We meant it" factor.

(AS's match is once in a lifetime, for instance.)
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, VA Platinum, HA Platinum, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
By Christmas time, I will have completed an AA Platinum corporate challenge - From October-December, I would have earned 12,500 EQM and will have had my status extended until January 31, 2018. I'm interesting in status matching to Alaska next year - would it be possible to status match in early January 2017? I would be showing zero YTD miles and about 13,000 EQM in 4Q16 (before October, I flew about 13,000 miles on Delta, so that won't show up in my AA acount obviously). Even a match to MVP (instead of MVP Gold) would be useful as it would get me complementary upgrades on Delta flights.
You'd receive MVP Gold from the match. Just send an email request the day your AA status is updated to platinum.

With that said, Id wait until the end of 2017 and match for the 2018 year. Id be shocked if you ever cleared the upgrade list on a DL flight out of New York or LAX etc with Alaska status. You will have little to no success. If you ever find yourself on AS flights, your AA Platinum status still gets you preferred seating, priority perks, free bags, etc. with exception of no upgrades. If you really are just using the AS status for DL flights, then you won't be enjoying those DL flights very much. You won't even get a free bag.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 9:23 pm

Just sent in an email to status match my UA 1K status to AS!
Old Dec 17, 2016, 11:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by emofeng
Just sent in an email to status match my UA 1K status to AS!
Please post how long it takes.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:02 pm

What status match does JetBlue Mosiac translate into?

Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
Please post how long it takes.
Eight days for me recently.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
What status match does JetBlue Mosiac translate into?

Thanks.
MVP.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ashill
Thank you! ^
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:36 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by ashill
Eight days for me recently.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.