Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Do award seats tend to open up closer to departure date on Cathay

Do award seats tend to open up closer to departure date on Cathay

Old Aug 9, 2011, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
And the second one opened up today, along with first class on the connecting AS flights. Glad I kept checking everyday! We have 1A and K there and back. Looking forward to this first class adventure!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by eternalX
And the second one opened up today, along with first class on the connecting AS flights. Glad I kept checking everyday! We have 1A and K there and back. Looking forward to this first class adventure!
Congratulations! Relative to the seat assignments and the additional seat that opened up, I'm curious: how far out is your departure from now and was it simple to get 1A&K?

I ask as I'm tracking some flights, but don't expect additional seats to open up for quite some time yet. I just didn't know how quickly the 'good seats' go.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
My flight out is on August 25th and then return on September 9th. I picked up the return first (booked it with them). Originally booked in late June.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.