Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 4, 11, 7:07 am   #1

Vinesse Wine Club

Has anyone here enrolled in the Vinesse Wine Club in order to get the bonus miles sign up? I'm supposed to receive 2,750 bonus miles plus a wine opener kit and six bottles of wine for $48. I figured it would be a great wedding gift for my cousin.

I'm just curious as to how long it takes for the bonus miles to post. I plan on canceling my membership as soon as they post in hopes of avoiding ordering more expensive wine.
dovergator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 11, 12:18 pm   #2

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
A quick search of this forum finds at least three previous threads discussing this topic.
2750 miles and 6 bottles of wines for 42 dollars
9,050 miles for wine (AK Mileage Plan)
2,250 free miles for signing up - Vinesse Wine CLub
BLI-Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 11, 10:11 pm   #3

Vinesse posts pretty quickly. Good wine too. Never had a bad bottle.
COS flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 11, 1:12 am   #4
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I had a good experience with them. Miles posted quickly. Before I actually cancelled my account, I went to an active status but opted out of further shipments to ensure the bonus posted. It did...no problems.

Some of the wines were very good, others, just OK. FAR exceeding wines at similar price points, in general. The downfall is that if you identify one or 2 that you like, you'll probably never find them again - they focus on smaller vineyards.

Just a heads up about the promo gift - when I joined, the promo came with your 3rd shipment, so unless something's changed, you won't get it with just one shipment. I may have considered maintaining my membership beyond the intro, but shipping to AK on subsequent orders killed the value. Enjoy.
Old Mar 6, 11, 3:29 pm   #5

Thanks for the replies everyone. I ordered the wine last Thursday and they shipped out Saturday, which I thought was fairly quick. Bonus miles still haven't posted as of Sunday, March 6th. How do you go to active status and opt out of further shipments?

Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 11, 6:16 pm   #6

Programs: UA Life Plat (2.6 MM), AA Life Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Life Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
I did the offer and so did Mrs FTF; both credited. If you do decide to cancel early, don't cancel in less than a month or you won't get the bonus. At least based on our timing, you won't have seen the bonus miles by then; it'll be a leap of faith. (I went another shipment to thank them for the miles, while Mrs FTF cancelled quickly.)

FTF
Old Mar 8, 11, 12:41 am   #7
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovergator View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone. I ordered the wine last Thursday and they shipped out Saturday, which I thought was fairly quick. Bonus miles still haven't posted as of Sunday, March 6th. How do you go to active status and opt out of further shipments?

Thanks.
I just called them and asked - they had no problem with it whatsoever.
Old Mar 8, 11, 9:32 am   #8

Programs: UA Life Plat (2.6 MM), AA Life Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Life Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE View Post
I just called them and asked - they had no problem with it whatsoever.
Same experience here.

FTF
Old Mar 8, 11, 2:08 pm   #9

Excellent. Thanks for the information. I'm going to give them a call momentarily and have them postpone further shipments until I can "sample the wine."
Old Mar 8, 11, 7:16 pm   #10
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: Information Desk &Alaska Airlines

Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Silver, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.304 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovergator
Excellent. Thanks for the information. I'm going to give them a call momentarily and have them postpone further shipments until I can "sample the wine."
Well if you need any help with that...
beckoa is online now   Reply With Quote