Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Meet-Up & Guest Offer Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GW McLintock
Please read posts #1 and 2 in the thread below for information on how to properly format this wikipost. Also, your help in keeping this wikipost organized and outdated information cleaned up is appreciated!
FLYERTALKERS WISHING TO MEET OTHERS IN THE ALASKA LOUNGE
INSTRUCTIONS - READ BEFORE POSTING
  1. SPONSORING: If you are willing to sponsor other Flyertalkers into an Alaska BoardRoom, please help us help you by posting in the following format: Date ETA-ETD Airport Lounge, Handle (whether willing to guest 1 or 2)
    Simply cut and paste the following into your post and then edit (the content, not form) accordingly:

COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING: MM/DD 0945-1300 SEA BR, golfingboy (willing to guest 2)
  2. LOOKING FOR ACCESS: If you are looking for access, please post in this format: Date ETA-ETD Airport, Handle
    Simply cut and past the following into your post and edit (the content, not form) accordingly:

COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING: MM/DD 0945-1300 SEA BR, golfingboy (access for 2)

FLYERTALKERS Offering Access to the AL

FLYERTALKERS Looking for Access to the AL
Print Wikipost

Alaska Lounge Meet-Up & Guest Offer Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:22 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
4/5/17 SEA Idaho Territory - (Willing to guest 2) 4-5 pm
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
4/21 SEA, AK-business-traveler (seeking access for 1) ~11:00am - 1pm ahead of overseas flight. Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
4/12 LAX, 730-1030pm, jrl767, seeking access for 1
(added to wiki)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jrl767
4/12 LAX, 730-1030pm, jrl767, seeking access for 1
(added to wiki)
Hope you had fun in DC

@ AMEX CL SEA...the bar is quite liberating
Old May 16, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Weird question I hope you all can assist.

My better half has the AA Citi card that allows AA Admirals Club access. When we fly on AA, we can get into the Alaska Board Room in PDX and Seattle. My question is if we fly on an AS economy ticket and have the AA Citi card, will that allow us access to the Board Room in PDX and SEA?

(forgive me if this is the wrong forum, I have looked Admirals Club rules and the Citi bank rules at the bottom and have yet to figure it out?
Old May 16, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Weird question I hope you all can assist.

My better half has the AA Citi card that allows AA Admirals Club access. When we fly on AA, we can get into the Alaska Board Room in PDX and Seattle. My question is if we fly on an AS economy ticket and have the AA Citi card, will that allow us access to the Board Room in PDX and SEA?
According to the rules you should have access even on an AS economy ticket.

"As an Admirals Club annual or lifetime member, Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive Card primary cardholder, or AirPass member with Admirals Club privileges, you can enter:

Alaska Airlines Board Room Lounges in Anchorage, AK (ANC), Portland, OR (PDX), Los Angeles, CA (LAX) and Seattle, WA (SEA) when departing on the same day on American Airlines or Alaska Airlines marketed and operated flights"

It does not specify bringing in guests or not. That is a different question.
Old May 17, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
The answer is yes, if your better half is the primary cardholder. On the wiki/FAQ in the AA forum, it spells out that the primary cardholder has a full Admirals Club membership with an indicator of the membership on the credit card. AC members can bring guests into the Alaska Lounge. I did it on multiple occasions when AA used to sell a 30 day AC membership.

If your better half is only an authorized user of someone else's card, then they would have access (w/ guests) only to Admirals Clubs and not partner lounges.

ETA: from the fine print

Admirals Club® Membership
Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM Mastercard® primary cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An Authorized User of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World EliteTM Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to an Authorized User. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges<snip>

The Authorized User access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, Flagship® Lounge facilities, or other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges, <snip>

Last edited by rustykettel; May 17, 2017 at 11:58 am
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Mon 6/5, LAX, 1500-1700ish, jrl767 seeking access for 1 please

(added to wiki)
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:49 am

Wed. June 7 ANC AL 9-11PM need guesting for one

holding off on renewing until the new SEA C Concourse Lounge opens sometime in some June.....
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
Wed. June 7 ANC AL 9-11PM need guesting for one
Glutton for punishment. STAY AWAY FROM THE TV!!!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Glutton for punishment. STAY AWAY FROM THE TV!!!
That and the low rent alcohol pretty much guarantees that I will
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BOB W
That and the low rent alcohol pretty much guarantees that I will
You'll be hanging out by the organic, gluten-free, low-carb amazing pancake machine wishing it was operational hours.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
We need to figure out a way to modify the code of the pancake machine.

It should be able to print out pancakes in the shape of an airplane...and Chester
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:11 am

Hanging out on the second floor watching the planes taking off and landing and no I am not in the ALASKA Lounge. Need to go find a real vodka and tonic.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
We need to figure out a way to modify the code of the pancake machine.

It should be able to print out pancakes in the shape of an airplane...and Chester
I'm surprised someone hasn't uploaded Chester or the corporate logo here: http://www.pancakebot.com/categories...-logos-symbols

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.