Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Boardroom: Game changer! (The Pancake Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Boardroom: Game changer! (The Pancake Thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 10:27 pm
Formerly known as I_Hate_US_Airways

Programs: My Loyalty Programs? I now VOTE with my wallet!!!
Unhappy Bad Timing...

And I've been doing Weightwatchers For Men Online for 3 weeks now & NO WAY can I be eaten those suckers for breakfast. I's use up ALL my WW points on one meal, sigh... )-:
Old May 14, 2010, 12:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by golfingboy
By paying a visit to the PDX BR, just tell the agents that you are borrowing the equipment

^ Can't wait to give this a try, do they have one in the LAX BR? A good place to drive down, have a good breakfast, and watch planes
I think I've seen the machine there, but have not used their machine... but I had some decent soup there - and the views from the LAX BR...
Old May 14, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Can't wait to give this a try, do they have one in the LAX BR? A good place to drive down, have a good breakfast, and watch planes
Indeed they do - LAX is the one place I've had them.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, AS, WN
It's quite awesome. I tried it out a few weeks ago when I stopped in the BR on my way to HKG. The machine was a little broken though--it was making pancakes of all sizes from small to large all at the same time!
Old May 14, 2010, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, AVIS First, National Emerald Club
Jetson Age!

I can see FAs rolling this down the aisle. It will spit out everything in pancake form - pancakes, pizza, cheese melt, quesadilla, etc.

Sounds very healthy as long as you do not put on any topping.
Old May 14, 2010, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, UA 2P
Are the pancakes being served with random HFCS gloop, or real maple (or Alaskan birch) syrup?
Old May 14, 2010, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BillScann
real maple (or Alaskan birch) syrup?
Ummm .... no
Old May 14, 2010, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Ummm .... no
Sadly no (but would imagine it would be cost prohibitive) - they do have syrup (sure its HFCS), jelly and butter nearby though.

Would be awesome to have coconut syrup Thought about bringing some in, but the sizes were larger then the TSA would permit...
Old May 15, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Available at ANC BR?

As the title asks....
Old May 15, 2010, 6:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, recovering former United 1k
Originally Posted by Explore
As the title asks....
I asked last Monday and they said "not yet". They have a space problem and the concierge felt that their hard boiled egg offering was a premium .
Old May 15, 2010, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone ever actually witnessed a patron being turned down on a 4th drink?
Old May 15, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Has anyone ever actually witnessed a patron being turned down on a 4th drink?
No, but at LAX I sometimes order 2 beers at a time (the glasses are small) and then go back for a second round.
Old May 15, 2010, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by hgdf
No, but at LAX I sometimes order 2 beers at a time (the glasses are small) and then go back for a second round.
Huh...when I tried ordering two beers at the ANC BR--an Alaskan White and an Alaskan Winter (I wanted to do a taste test), the concierge told me she was prohibited from serving more than one drink at a time.
Old May 15, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by jackal
Huh...when I tried ordering two beers at the ANC BR--an Alaskan White and an Alaskan Winter (I wanted to do a taste test), the concierge told me she was prohibited from serving more than one drink at a time.
They might just assume that I'm ordering one for "my friend". In any case, it's really the equivalent of one beer in two glasses. I guess I could try asking for a "double Alaskan Amber" and see how they respond.
Old May 15, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I used the same pancake machine at the Doubletree Anaheim near Disneyland a few weeks back. My kids were in heaven. If you are ever at a conference at the Anaheim Convention Center or headed to Disneyland it might be cheaper to stay at the Doubletree to try the pancakes than to buy a day pass to the BR. ;-) jk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.