Delta Miles - How long till they post

Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by dgreen12
My experience has been that DL miles (if in the eligible flight number range) post just as quickly as AS/QX flights.

The elgible flight number range, though, is horribly out of date, and has been since Delta started the Northwest integration process back in October.

Now that all NW flight numbers have been converted to DL flight numbers (which occurred about 2/1/10), would it be too much to ask that the eligible flight number range for DL flights be updated on the AS website?

A mainline DL flight from MCO to MSP is outside the range (DL 2437) and requires a manual miles request. The old NW flight number (also 2437) was a qualifying flight number.

It might be that DL will continue to tinker with the flight numbers --- but it sure could save AS a bunch of time on manual entries for DL if they'd only update the eligible flight number range to reflect the current DL reality.
Wouldn't be surprised if its DL who hasn't updated the list to AS, with all that DL is trying to accomplish...
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wouldn't be surprised if its DL who hasn't updated the list to AS, with all that DL is trying to accomplish...
I don't doubt that's the probablility --- however, if I was the person at AS who had the relationship responsibility with DL and I knew that AS employees were spending a lot of time manually researching/posting missing DL flight credits, I'd be applying some pressure on DL to get an updated list of qualifying flights.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Just emailed AS MP my DL flight information on a 2/14 flight (BUR-SLC-SEA), as it's not shown up yet.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Miles posted today.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
My outbound DL trips usually post quickly, but it always seems the return flights take longer. I flew SEA-ATL-MAD-JFK-SEA Feb 11/15, and the outbound were posted by the 16th, but the return was a bit longer. I'd have to echo that they post as fast as the AS flights seem to.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K
They usually post as fast as AS, but as someone else said - with the new flight numbering (taking the old NWA flights and renumbering them to DL flight numbers) that started happening this month - THOSE flights are not posting. I have 5 flights that are old NWA flights that have not posted - all were taken from 2/5 through 2/17. I have faxed in a few of them, but suspect that I will have to fax in the rest as well.

But I flew ATL-SEA on a DL flight on 2/19 (and of course that has always been a Delta flight) and THAT flight posted this morning.

Annoying... or maybe I am just spoiled that they usually post so quickly.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz gold
Similar problems for me. My LAST flight of a 4 segment DL trip posted over a week ago while the other 3 segments have not so I emailed my itinerary to AS for credit. My flights were:

2/8 DL 2584 GEG-MSP
2/8 DL 7394 MSP-CMH
2/10 DL 7395 CMH-MSP
2/10 DL 2153 MSP-GEG

For every flight, it showed my AS MVPG # on the boarding pass, so I was definitely in the system. These flights were all previously booked on NWA's web site and then converted over to DL. 2153 is the one that posted quickly, but was also the only one that I got a gate upgrade on so I wonder if there's a correlation with that action?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:03 am

Programs: 189 miles short of AS MVP, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I flew DL on 2/8/10 SFO-MEM-TYS. Nothing has posted so far

On 2/10/10 I flew TYS-MEM-SFO and only the MEM-SFO portion has posted. I will probably give it a few more days before I fax in my boarding passes to the MileagePlan desk. If Delta can't get the mileage postings right, having them fix the UG system for MVPG's is going to take forever.
So, I used the 24 hr mileage request fax line on 2/23/10 and have yet to receive credit for my DL flights in early Feb. Are they having that much problem posting credit for DL flights?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:42 am

I'm seeing the same problems with my missing DL flights posting. I emailed my itinerary on 2/23 and faxed it to them on 2/28 and still have not seen my miles post. It would be nice to see a response from someone at AS regarding this problem.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I scanned in DL BPs and emailed them + DL receipt to [email protected]. Miles posted next day. Maybe the email queue is dealt with faster than the fax queue?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:00 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by amorsell
I'm seeing the same problems with my missing DL flights posting. I emailed my itinerary on 2/23 and faxed it to them on 2/28 and still have not seen my miles post. It would be nice to see a response from someone at AS regarding this problem.
You need BPs... Sometimes, they would accept itineraries only, but most of the time they will respond asking for a copy of your BPs...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:22 am

My mileage still had not shown up as of this morning so I called customer care. I was told that they are about 3 weeks behind on processing fax and email mileage credit requests.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:26 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
My mileage still had not shown up as of this morning so I called customer care. I was told that they are about 3 weeks behind on processing fax and email mileage credit requests.
hmm maybe it was coincidence but I got miles posted a few hours after emailing
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:55 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K
I sent in mine about 2 weeks ago - mine haven't posted either. And I have another two to send in as well, but haven't bothered because I was hoping they would just post on their own. I know they say it takes 60 days to post but it makes me sad seeing other people get credit quickly. I fly Delta almost as much as AS, and I would have already made MVP for 2011 and could be working on gold if my darn miles would just post!!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AS flights aren't even posting very fast. I'm on Day 6 and counting for a SEA-LAX flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.