Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2750 miles and 6 bottles of wines for 42 dollars

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503

sounds like a deal...

http://www.vinesse.com/alaska/alkem0...?src=alkem0110
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Once again an offer that I cannot participate in because of the arcane alcoholic beverage laws in Arizona. Fellow AZ FT'ers please send an e-mail or letter to your State Representatives and State Senators to at least allow shipment of wine.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
That's a great deal indeed... I can't get it to work with any other airlines tho'.

Google vinesse + delta gets you their skymiles offers but no discount. The price is $99 which is no deal at all.

Anyone else have better luck with carriers other than AS?
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:43 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Once again an offer that I cannot participate in because of the arcane alcoholic beverage laws in Arizona. Fellow AZ FT'ers please send an e-mail or letter to your State Representatives and State Senators to at least allow shipment of wine.
better yet go to http://www.freethegrapes.org/ and get some advice on the best ways to assist in this endeavor...
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AS MVPG
I looked at it, but the offer isn't exactly clearly laid out. It sounds like you are signing up for a monthly deal and it isn't clear whether the price includes shipping or not.

Can anybody confirm whether shipping is included?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:58 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
"Your introductory half-case is priced at $41.94 plus free shipping."
Old Jan 29, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP
FWIW I signed up for this and yes, got the miles, but the wine was TERRIBLE. Just fyi if you're expecting terrific wine - you will not get it. I would pass. I canceled after two months.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:00 am

If ones plans are to receive the first shipment and then cancel the membership be sure to cancel immediately after receiving the initial shipment. The terms suggest that subsequent shipments will be sent out every 2 months but also mentions an additional quarterly shipment of the "special" seasonal selections which in my case was delivered within 3 weeks of the initial introductory shipment. An additional shipment was delivered 3 weeks later making for 3 deliveries within 45 days.

Last edited by nawlins; Jan 30, 2010 at 8:07 am
Old Jan 30, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
I'd happily trade the ability to have wine mailed for the low taxes on hard alcohol you have down there, not to mention the ability to buy it at Costco. Prices run about 25% higher up here.

For my two cents, the wine isn't "terrible". It's an OK $7 wine. Its standard price on subsequent shipments is closer to $16/bottle and that's a bad deal. I too received about 3 shipments in a very short amount of time before I cancelled. At the time my cellar was bare so I decided to keep them rather than attempt to refuse delivery or return. Cancellation was one quick phone call.

In the end I paid $240 for 18 bottles of table wine. I also got around 5000 miles (Northwest was running a promotion at the time). Altogether I figure that means I almost broke even. Almost. YMMV.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by nawlins
If ones plans are to receive the first shipment and then cancel the membership be sure to cancel immediately after receiving the initial shipment. The terms suggest that subsequent shipments will be sent out every 2 months but also mentions an additional quarterly shipment of the "special" seasonal selections which in my case was delivered within 3 weeks of the initial introductory shipment. An additional shipment was delivered 3 weeks later making for 3 deliveries within 45 days.
Are you sure you can cancel right away? Because the T&C's say the following:
Please allow up to 8 weeks from the date of product shipment for miles to be posted to your account. Offer valid from 1/21/2010-2/21/2010. Enrollment miles not valid on gift memberships. Must be an active member for at least 21 days to receive enrollment miles.

I would love to do this as this is really cheap way to get 2000+ miles.....However, as a Muslim, I will be just throwing away the wine and keeping the miles.....feel free to pillage thru my recycle bin for the free wine.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 9:30 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by mrx900
I would love to do this as this is really cheap way to get 2000+ miles.....However, as a Muslim, I will be just throwing away the wine and keeping the miles.....feel free to pillage thru my recycle bin for the free wine.

you don't have to ship it to yourself...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.