Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Sorry if this is O/T but ...

do we really have to wait 60 days and then send AS a copy of the actual boarding pass to get missing Delta credit?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
do we really have to wait 60 days and then send AS a copy of the actual boarding pass to get missing Delta credit?
No. But DL tends to post in batches- when was your DL flight? My last one took over two weeks to post...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
A week ago - I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks, but having to send in a copy of the bp seems ridiculous, especially as I was traveling under the AS codeshare number in the first place!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:00 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

A week ago - I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks, but having to send in a copy of the bp seems ridiculous, especially as I was traveling under the AS codeshare number in the first place!
Typically DL flights posts into AS accounts on Tuesdays, so if it does not post by the end of the day next Tuesday then I would send in a copy of the BPs.

Sunday Afternoon is the "cut-off" for the batch posting on the following Tuesday IME.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Typically DL flights posts into AS accounts on Tuesdays, so if it does not post by the end of the day next Tuesday then I would send in a copy of the BPs.

Sunday Afternoon is the "cut-off" for the batch posting on the following Tuesday IME.
Indeed it is- had an early morning HNL-LAX post within 24 hours (a sunday flight) but took an extra cycle for connecting LAX-SLC-ANC to post.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My outbound DL segment was on Wednesday, 12/5, which should've hit my account yesterday from what you guys are saying? Only thing I can think of would be if the AS codeshare number is an issue? Return flight was Monday 12/10, so we'll see if that one posts next Tuesday.

This is a faint silver lining in the useless (to me) partner EQM bucket as I'm in no hurry for the 2,060 RDM's.

Next time, if the connection is under 2 hrs I am springing for the EC+ as it took almost 15 minutes from the time the boarding door opened until I hit the jetway!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Indeed it is- had an early morning HNL-LAX post within 24 hours (a sunday flight) but took an extra cycle for connecting LAX-SLC-ANC to post.
Someone at DL comes into the office Monday morning, 12/10/12, logs into DELTAMATIC, issues a command to "EXPORT FLIGHTDATA BEGINDATE=12032012 ENDDATE=12092012 FFTYPE="AS" FILENAME="/outgoing/as/12-09-2012.CSV".

The file then gets sent via FTP to ftp://rrasmussen:dunhamwinerocks@supersecretmileageplans erver.alaskaair.com/dl/.

Then, sometime on Tuesday morning, 12/11/12, someone at AS comes into the office, fires up a console window, and issues a command to IMPORT FLIGHTDATA FILENAME="/ftp/incoming/dl/12-09-2012.CSV". Boom: miles posted.

In the event of a delay in posting, it's either because one of the guys on either end called in sick or forgot to run the command that week. Don't worry; it should get caught the next week.

All right, the exact commands, filenames, and addresses above are probably not exactly correct, and it's quite possible that it's all handled on a scheduled basis by automated cronjobs and scripts without human intervention, but I do have it on good authority that it does boil down to CSV files that are transmitted by FTP and not some super-proprietary linkup between DELTAMATIC and SABRE. I did find that interesting.

(I found this out because several years ago, there was an issue posting my DL flight mileage, and an insider at AS described the process and told me that something was broken with the FTP server and they had to resort to manually emailing the CSV files from DL to AS until they got the FTP server fixed. Wonder what that email address was--how about [email protected]? )

Last edited by jackal; Dec 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the explanation!

I find it tough to believe it isn't automated, but could see where the data might not have "gone through" correctly at one end (or both).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 1:52 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by jackal
Someone at DL comes into the office Monday morning, 12/10/12, logs into DELTAMATIC, issues a command to "EXPORT FLIGHTDATA BEGINDATE=12032012 ENDDATE=12092012 FFTYPE="AS" FILENAME="/outgoing/as/12-09-2012.CSV".

The file then gets sent via FTP to ftp://rrasmussen:[email protected]/dl/.

Then, sometime on Tuesday morning, 12/11/12, someone at AS comes into the office, fires up a console window, and issues a command to IMPORT FLIGHTDATA FILENAME="/ftp/incoming/dl/12-09-2012.CSV". Boom: miles posted.
Sounds like they use MySQL servers to maintain the flight data and the mileage activity data.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My outbound DL segment from last week posted overnight (Wednesday), along with the return AS one. Naturally, I need 939 more AS-metal miles for Gold, when after next week I'll have 1,030 in the "partner" bucket. Oh well, I always wanted to see Eugene ...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
This thread is now archived.

To continue discussion on this topic and see the most up-to-date information, please follow the new thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...3-edition.html

Regards,
jackal
Co-Moderator
Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.