Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • One Free checked bag
  • priority seating
  • 25% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades

MVPG/75K
  • Zone SKY Boarding
  • SkyPriority Checkin
  • SkyPriority Lane for Security
  • Two Free Checked Bags (70 lbs domestic, 50 lbs Intl)
  • Priority Seating
  • 50% discount on International Economy Comfort
  • Space Available upgrades
Print Wikipost

MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines (2010-2012 edition)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by baliktad
Originally Posted by golfingboy
MVPGs+ will get EC for free at booking and MVP will get 50% off and can select EC seats for free at check-in...

^^^^^^^^^ DL
Woohoo! Way to go DL/AS!
Interesting...
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
MVPGs+ will get EC for free at booking and MVP will get 50% off and can select EC seats for free at check-in...

^^^^^^^^^ DL
What about INTERNATIONAL flights? She only addressed domestic here. When I booked to Europe for an October trip, I got EC on SEA-AMS for $30 each way, which was a 50% discount. However, booking a ticket today, I was being offered EC on SEA-AMS for $60. (JFK-BCN was $40).

Or should I just let my reservation sit for a bit to see if it kicks in?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:18 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by 98103
What about INTERNATIONAL flights? She only addressed domestic here. When I booked to Europe for an October trip, I got EC on SEA-AMS for $30 each way, which was a 50% discount. However, booking a ticket today, I was being offered EC on SEA-AMS for $60. (JFK-BCN was $40).

Or should I just let my reservation sit for a bit to see if it kicks in?
For international flights, we get a 50% discount... Also, I think the price for EC seats are not fixed and they do go up as more people book EC seats...

For NRT-MSP last October, when I booked my ticket EC was $60, but 2 weeks out it jumped to $80.

Is EC on your flight wide open?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:10 pm

It is pretty wide open on both the JFK-BCN leg and the AMS-SEA leg. I wish they'd list what the regular asking rate is, so I can be sure to know if it is recognizing me or not. I did post a question in the DL forum. Think I'll get my fingers bitten off?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.261 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by 98103
It is pretty wide open on both the JFK-BCN leg and the AMS-SEA leg. I wish they'd list what the regular asking rate is, so I can be sure to know if it is recognizing me or not. I did post a question in the DL forum. Think I'll get my fingers bitten off?
Quite possibly

I booked a recent DL flight (with AS segments involved ) and DL showed 'Upgrade Requested' without calling

However another AS ticketed codeshare on DL showed 'Not Upgrade Eligible' on delta.com for the DL operated portion. Do I need to call to have this changed, or are AS coded DL flights not upgradable?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 1:19 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by beckoa
However another AS ticketed codeshare on DL showed 'Not Upgrade Eligible' on delta.com for the DL operated portion. Do I need to call to have this changed, or are AS coded DL flights not upgradable?
AS-coded DL flights are definitely upgradable, but DL has a habit of displaying the AS numbers in their system and not recognizing that they are DL flights, especially if AS-coded DL Connection flights are involved. If this is the case, DL might not be able to do anything until the day of departure. Regardless, I would call DL and see what they can do. I've had to call DL a few times lately and have had good luck getting Chisholm and SLC-based agents who are very knowledgeable about these types of issues.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
AS-coded DL flights are definitely upgradable, but DL has a habit of displaying the AS numbers in their system and not recognizing that they are DL flights, especially if AS-coded DL Connection flights are involved. If this is the case, DL might not be able to do anything until the day of departure. Regardless, I would call DL and see what they can do. I've had to call DL a few times lately and have had good luck getting Chisholm and SLC-based agents who are very knowledgeable about these types of issues.
Will do hopefully soon. (Not that we get upgrades before the gate anyway )

The flight is shown with an AS codeshare #, hence I think DL.com's confusion.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Also check the plane type, that is also the message shown for flights that don't have a first class. For example, the CRJ (CRJ-200) does not have a first class, but the CR7 and CR9 (CRJ-700 and CRJ-900) do.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by meballard
Also check the plane type, that is also the message shown for flights that don't have a first class. For example, the CRJ (CRJ-200) does not have a first class, but the CR7 and CR9 (CRJ-700 and CRJ-900) do.
738 so no problems there

Will call tomorrow I think.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
For international flights, we get a 50% discount... Also, I think the price for EC seats are not fixed and they do go up as more people book EC seats...
I don't believe Delta's EC pricing is dynamic. It is a function of distance, by flown segment(s).
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I don't believe Delta's EC pricing is dynamic. It is a function of distance, by flown segment(s).
If that is the case, then it wasn't recognizing my status, as in October I paid just $30 each for SEA-AMS and AMS-SEA
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Upgrade Status on Delta

I cehcked in for a flight tomarrow T-24. UG requested showed for all flights prior to and while checking in. You are allowed to see your postion after you check in. I checked and was #4 or 4 (MVPG) with 3 seats left, bummer. then I checked again an hour later and I was #8 of 8. Would not all the Medallion and MVPG 75K already be on the list? Its ATL so I did not really thinnk I was ever going to get the UG on Monday morning but the drastic change make me wonder why even show the list.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, PriorityPass, Global Entry
Originally Posted by SeattleMadrona
You are allowed to see your postion after you check in. I checked and was #4 or 4 (MVPG) with 3 seats left, bummer. then I checked again an hour later and I was #8 of 8. Would not all the Medallion and MVPG 75K already be on the list? Its ATL so I did not really thinnk I was ever going to get the UG on Monday morning but the drastic change make me wonder why even show the list.
It's a bit of an annoyance for Delta and partner elites alike, the website only shows people who are already checked-in and on the list, if they aren't checked in yet, they don't show up on the list.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
It's a bit of an annoyance for Delta and partner elites alike, the website only shows people who are already checked-in and on the list, if they aren't checked in yet, they don't show up on the list.
Thanks, I did not know that.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:57 am

Yeah, that's a pretty big #fail, and I've certainly had this happen. I find their waitlist online to not function at all half the time, but it is what it is. I've also found that EB, I tend to have much better UG luck, but coming back WB I'm always headed out of ATL or something like that, and am like 26 of 40 or some obscene thing like that. Reminds me of the days of being a CO Gold and flying ANYWHERE out of EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.