Wiki Posts
Search

AA Awards online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
AA Awards online

Does anyone know if there is a way to book AA international F awards on the aAaska site. I can only get it to show C class award seats even on dates when the AA site shows F saver availabilty.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: Former AS MVPG-hopefully again when the economy rebounds, HHonors Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by NotHome
Does anyone know if there is a way to book AA international F awards on the aAaska site. I can only get it to show C class award seats even on dates when the AA site shows F saver availabilty.
Where are you trying to go? The award search shows F inventory to NRT at least.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS , AA, Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Hertz
Looking for SEA FRA. AA shows 1st saver is available but AS shows only business class.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NotHome
Looking for SEA FRA. AA shows 1st saver is available but AS shows only business class.
Be aware that AA will show 1st saver even when there are no seats on the inventory that require 1st. On an int'l itenerary, if you are in 1st on 2-class planes domestically and then in business in 2-class planes internationally, you only need business tickets for that, not first. Now, over at AA, they still allow you to use first tickets for that -- if you want to overpay, or if there are no business tickets left, but that part is very specific to the way the AA award engine works.

It would thus help if you could explain exactly what routing you're looking at and what cabin(s) [plural] are available on those flights, and which, if any, legs of the flight AA puts you in different seats on by using a first award rather than a business award.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 1:05 pm

It looks like AA has two flights to FRA, a 767 2-class, biz and coach, flight from Chicago and a 777 3-class, F, biz and coach from DFW. Try routing your award through DFW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.