Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airtran is Adding LAS to DAY,FNT,ROC,and CAK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070418/nyw101.html?.v=91

Looks like they're adding additional cities to the ones they already announced recently.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Expect Northwest to respond with FNT-LAS nonstop again, then Air Tran will drop when yields drop, Northwest will increase fares as they are the only nonstop FNT-LAS, then they will pull out as they cannot fill seats. This is a repeat of Summer of 2005 all over again.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
And expect CO, US, and WN to match every Airtran sale fare out of CLE.
LAS is a saturated market out of CLE, Why not fly CAK-LAX where there is far less competition?
Why are they starting 08/15, after the peak season?
And what's with the crappy flight times and frequencies?

Last edited by ctownflyer; Apr 19, 2007 at 3:34 pm
Old Apr 19, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
I agree with the flight times, I would love to see a FNT-LAS flight that leaves around 7PM, they could then turn that plane right around and fly a red eye back at 10PM or so, that would allow for the plane to make it back to ATL and run a Florida segment or two before coming back to FNT on the days this flight would operate. This would also allow for a full days work before heading out.

I guess they have all these 737's coming online and they need to fly them somewhere. I do think that a FNT-LAX or FNT-SEA would do alot better than the LAS flight as well. They could draw alot of people from North and West Detroit area as well as maybe others.

LAS is a low yield market because of all the flights that already operate to and from their and the fact that SW and US use LAS as a hub.
Old May 19, 2007, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Why are they starting 08/15, after the peak season?And what's with the crappy flight times and frequencies?
Here's my 2 cents: The current ROC Flight frequencies just don't cut it for my family or for other friends we know who travel ROC to LAS. We've all tried doing different scenarios with the schedule and can't get it to work our way.

Unless you are an established player, booking a Sat. arrival at a major hotel in Vegas is not that easy, plus our circle of friends all like to go 5 nights; trying to book the non-stop outbound and return doesn't work in this case. Traveling across the country just to go for 3 or 4 nights isn't what any of us have in mind when visiting, and 6 nights in Vegas can be your downfall

Looks like WN out of BUF will remain our favorite way to go unless AirTran adds more non-stop days.
Old May 19, 2007, 12:27 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by kss5555
This is a repeat of Summer of 2005 all over again.
Agreed. My favorite quote from the press release "Las Vegas is all about style and big money, and AirTran Airways can get you there in style without having to spend big money." Personally, I will thoroughly enjoy my NW flights in F with double miles or better. F9 is trying to get into a segment Allegiant, Northwest, Southwest, and others will beat them in. On the bright side, here are some good opportunities for me to burn the last of my Wendy's certs.
Old May 19, 2007, 3:26 pm

Programs: none (RIP AirTran)
For some reason I don't think FL (not F9) is much interested in people who are going to fly NW F-class to LAS. Allegiant and AirTran don't compete at all, and given Allegiant's complete lack of frequency, I don't think there'd be much competition if they did. AirTran has very heavy loads to LAS, and WN tries to route you on ATA through MDW quite often from the East Coast.
Old May 19, 2007, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA,CO, DL,FL,WN.US
LAS service?

I agree wholeheartedly with CitrusMCO, this is not in any way for those flying First on NW and by the way sorry, NW's First isn't that great especially when compared to CO or AA.I'd much rather go Airtran than WN or Allegiant. Any mention of redeyes, well it is not at all uncommon to have redeyes to gambling centers whether LAS or GPT, so that wouldn't be a negative either.Airtran's business class is as nice as most of today's carriers first with a few exceptions and of course better fares almost always.
Old May 26, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
CAK-LAS, Act II

AirTran tried CAK-LAS flights once before. If I recall correctly, it was daily service and they discontinued it in less than one year.

I applaud their efforts to try it once again. Any increase in their low fare service from NE Ohio, especially additional destinations, is good news for me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.