Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about dropping last leg

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Question about dropping last leg

I am booked to fly from A to B connecting to C on an afternoon/evening flight.

I would like to stay overnight in City B and pick up the flight to C the next day or even a few days later. Air Tran told me that I would have to book a separate flight if I do this. Has anyone done this and not paid extra? Thank you.
Old May 9, 2014, 7:29 am

Even if you had a Fully Refundable ticket that would not be possible.

You could rebook as two flights but would incur additional cost and possibly change fess. The simplest solution is to book a one way ticket from B to C when you want to go.
Old May 9, 2014, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Sounds good. Thanks.
Old May 9, 2014, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by marlin
Sounds good. Thanks.
If you take the original flight and simply get off at B, you may not be able to check a bag to B. And you may not get A+ Rewards credit. That seems a lot less expensive than a potential $150 change change fee.

However if you have a fully refundable fare (Business Class), you might be able to get some money back towards your other flight.

If you book a round trip, something I very seldom do, you are subject to having your return trip cancelled.

From the Contract of Carriage:

If a Passenger fails to occupy a confirmed seat on a flight and Carrier fails to receive notice of the cancellation of the reservation at least one hour prior to the flight’s scheduled departure time, Carrier may, in its sole discretion, cancel all reservations held by such Passenger on continuing or return flight segments. If a Passenger changes his itinerary, he should contact Carrier prior to the flight’s departure time to determine how changes may affect the Ticket.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; May 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.