Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best method (call,online?) to upgrade to BC from CUN to PHL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2014, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

We are flying from CUN to PHL (with a connection in ATL) and I am not familiar with AirTran upgrading to BC -- hoping to get some help, advice, clarification.
I did a search but am still confused.

We booked reward tickets already and wanted to upgrade with A+ points, from what I found I can use my A+ credits on top of a reward ticket - is that still correct?
How or what is the best way to do the upgrade from Mexico? Can I call AirTran or do it online? We are flying out on Thursday so would I call them at midnight Tuesday night (Wednesday morning)?
Is one number better than another?

Sorry for all the questions, like I said, I am not familiar with the process. I do appreciate any help y'all can provide. Thank you!
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:17 pm

The easiest way is to call Airtran. You can call after midnight on the day before the flight (2 days if you are Elite), this will give you a jump on people upgrading when they check in.

Upgrading to Business Class: ... All members may purchase an upgrade or redeem four A+ Rewards credits for a one-way upgrade anytime beginning the day prior to departure.
Getting Business Class Upgrades: Call us at 1-888-3-A-PLUS-8 (1-888-327-5878) to reserve your upgrade to Business Class anytime beginning midnight the day prior to departure. Four A+ Rewards credits are required to redeem for a one-way Business Class upgrade. If an A+ Rewards member wishes to upgrade a companion as well, an additional four A+ Rewards credits will be required to redeem for a one-way Business Class upgrade for the companion. Availability of Business Class seats on AirTran Airways flights is subject to capacity controls and blackout dates, and seats are limited and may not be available on all flights.
If you are using Airtran Credits make sure you have the account number(s) of the account(s) you will be pulling Credits from.

If you are transferring points from Southwest, transfer them before you call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.