FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards-441/)
-   -   New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/1392061-new-airtran-credit-card-targeted-offer-32-credits.html)

nsx Sep 27, 2012 3:09 pm

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

I just got this in my email. It may have been emailed to all current members:

ACT NOW! THIS OFFER EXPIRES ON OCTOBER 4, 2012. As an A+ Rewards® Member, you’ve been selected for a limited-time offer. Get 2 Roundtrip Flights after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months of opening your account plus 2 Business Class upgrades after first purchase. Apply for the NEW AirTran® Airways A+ Rewards Credit Card before Thursday, October 4, 2012 to receive these benefits:

2 ROUNDTRIP FLIGHTS after you spend $2,000 in the first 3 months

2 BUSINESS CLASS UPGRADES after your first purchase

Introductory Annual Fee of $0 for the first year, then $69†

2 Anniversary Credits every year after your Cardmember Anniversary

You will receive 32 bonus A+ Rewards credits with this bonus offer. To qualify for your bonus A+ Rewards Credits, you must make purchases totaling $2,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening; please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus A+ Rewards Credits to post to your AirTran Airways A+ Rewards account. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. AirTran Airways will issue a roundtrip flight for every 16 A+ Rewards Credits accumulated during any consecutive 24-month period. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time AirTran Airways A+ Rewards personal Credit Card from Chase Cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing AirTran Airways A+ Rewards personal Credit Card from Chase Cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.

longhorn11 Sep 27, 2012 3:13 pm

I just received the same email. Was searching around to see if someone had posted the info. Interesting offer, 2 biz upgrades and 38k +/- points. Too bad it's another Chase product, I'm maxing out my apps with them! ;)

travelingfool23 Sep 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Not targeted.

Originally Posted by nsx (Post 19396173)
I just got this in my email. It may have been emailed to all current members:

Same offer here.

Edit: I noticed this card has a much worse earning proposition than the previous AirTran card. It takes 20% more spend to earn 1 credit, $1,200 now instead of $1,000 before.:td::td::td:

mke9499 Sep 27, 2012 3:19 pm

Received offer for card; posted one minute prior to OP of this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19396168-post106.html

Others I know have not yet received offer, though enrolled in A+ Rewards.

indual Sep 27, 2012 4:40 pm

I Also just recieved the offer. My wife did not. It is definitely targeted with an invitation code in the link.

jhill10428 Sep 27, 2012 4:53 pm

I got the email too. The flights can be redeemed on Southwest too, so that gives you some more options.

emma dog Sep 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Same here. I received it and my wife did not.

I went to the chase site and the airtran site and can't find any mention of an airtran credit card. Hmmmm...

chicagorich Sep 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Interesting that this card is from Chase, which also issues the Southwest Visa. I just received a new Airtran A+ Visa from Barclays to replace one that was expiring. It looks like Southwest may have a deal going with both banks to issue the A+ Visa as long as Airtran is still around.

mke9499 Sep 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by chicagorich (Post 19397060)
I just received a new Airtran A+ Visa from Barclays to replace one that was expiring. It looks like Southwest may have a deal going with both banks to issue the A+ Visa as long as Airtran is still around.

Barclays has not opened any new accounts for the AirTran card in quite awhile, it's just renewing existing accounts. The unknown factor is what happens to the accounts with Barclays, once the integration is complete, and there no longer is an AirTran brand.

chicagorich Sep 27, 2012 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499 (Post 19397126)
Barclays has not opened any new accounts for the AirTran card in quite awhile, it's just renewing existing accounts. The unknown factor is what happens to the accounts with Barclays, once the integration is complete, and there no longer is an AirTran brand.

I suspect that Barclays will just transition folks to one of their other cards. I was somewhat expecting that to happen to my expiring card this time.

mke9499 Sep 27, 2012 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by chicagorich (Post 19397140)
I suspect that Barclays will just transition folks to one of their other cards. I was somewhat expecting that to happen to my expiring card this time.

I agree. When I recently closed a Frontier card from Barclays, due to a change in flying habits, they offered to transfer the account over to the no-fee Barclays rewards card. Almost everything, including credit limit and account history, went with the transfer.

BillyBaloney Sep 28, 2012 12:10 am

I'm going to try and get this card. The first year no fee is the clincher for me. I wasn't planning on another card just yet but it seems like this is a limited time offer....so I guess I'm in....I hope Chase plays nice.

newsmanhoss Sep 28, 2012 6:27 am

Other differences between this new card and the current one are that the annual fee increases from $39 to $69, and instead of getting two $50 vouchers upon renewal, you only get two credits.

Having said that, the 32 credits at sign-up is very good.

tradercj Sep 28, 2012 7:08 am

Originally Posted by emma dog (Post 19396764)
Same here. I received it and my wife did not.

I went to the chase site and the airtran site and can't find any mention of an airtran credit card. Hmmmm...

Both myself and my wife received the offer. I agree it is odd that Airtran card is not listed on the Chase website.

With a new credit card being offered in Air Tran's name, I have to assume Air Tran is going to be around longer than any of us may think.

henryf Sep 28, 2012 10:14 am

I qualify according to the T&C but did not receive e-mail

What url does the email send you to?

Does anyone have a code that they will not be using?

PM's OK