Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:40 pm
Suspended

I noticed all my credits updated to 2 years, also. Maybe a few days ago.

But still no sign of my biz upgrades.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 7:40 pm

They had originally posted double credits for me as well (66) but corrected that and also updated the expiration date. Where will the upgrade certs show up if they ever post?
Old Dec 5, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I noticed all my credits updated to 2 years, also. Maybe a few days ago.

But still no sign of my biz upgrades.
Originally Posted by facula
They had originally posted double credits for me as well (66) but corrected that and also updated the expiration date. Where will the upgrade certs show up if they ever post?
Have you called in, per my comments in post #89? It'd be nice to validate that others are seeing the same. I'll be calling in to use them tomorrow afternoon and that will be the true test!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Successfully upgraded

Originally Posted by msp2msy
The agent confirmed that they should be treated as a normal upgrade voucher, namely that:
* You request them at 24 hours before flying.
* They may be used on multiple segments on the one-way (not round-trip).

Bottom line: Ask Airtran A+ rewards desk to check the notes on your account!

Best of all for me... All 12 seats up front are open on the seat map for my MCO-SJU flight on Friday and a request to buy 8 seats up front appears to be pricing. Thinking my odds are good.
Just called in and upgraded my wife and me for tomorrow's flight. My reservation shows 2A and hers 2C. The agent had a little trouble with hers for some reason but it eventually went through...perhaps something to do with the Citi TY points we used to book this one.

Anyway, success!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:42 pm
Suspended

I will be calling on Monday as there is no sign of the biz upgrades and no email and I'm at the 8 week mark. Something about Airtran only noting the screen and not sending an email, or not being able to view online, well it just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. There should be a definitive notice that we got our upgrades, like the promo said. JMHO.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Anyone able to find a still-working link for the 32 credit signup bonus?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
i have the same question. it seems like the link is not working anymore
Old Dec 8, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
same question here about the 32 credits link, please help if possible, thank you very much!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 5:47 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
same question here about the 32 credits link, please help if possible, thank you very much!
PM sent.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by nsx
PM sent.
what ? no posting? a secret link?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 7:24 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by duranza
what ? no posting? a secret link?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEUDzIrEQE

Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:28 am
Suspended

ok gang here is the story on the biz class upgrades "upon first use" that arrive 6 - 8 weeks after first use:

1. was told to call Airtran A+ rewards
2. called there was switched to reservations
3. reservations didn't know why they switch me to them, was switched back over to A+ rewards
4. vouchers will not show up on the Airtran website even though there is a place for that on the website
5. my vouchers were in my account since Nov. 28.
6. vouchers expire in 1 year
7. voucher numbers are 14 digits long
8. voucher numbers have an additional 4-digit activation code
9. i suggest you write down your voucher numbers and activation code. my activation code is the same 4-digit pin for both voucher numbers
10. they say chase was supposed to send an email. i never got the email

so that's about all. it would sure be nice if the vouchers showed up on the website and you didn't have to be left in the dark, and then wonder, and then call. i would think it would save them a ton of phone calls, JMHO
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:05 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
it would sure be nice if the vouchers showed up on the website and you didn't have to be left in the dark, and then wonder, and then call. i would think it would save them a ton of phone calls, JMHO
Thanks for the great summary. The way most big companies work this will be streamlined right about the time it's too late to do any real good...
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:49 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
My 64 credits were also reduced to 32. I called A+ Rewards this morning and was given the discount code and cert numbers for the upgrades over the phone. Like everyone else I was told to book the airfare and then call within 24 hours of the flight to use the upgrade certs (if space is available). I'll have to be careful and only book flights with lots of FC seats as these typically sell out really fast on Airtran because how cheap a2b upgrades are on Airtran. It's a bit of a roll of the dice that would have been good to know going into this but 2 free tickets is still a bargain!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:39 am

32 Credit Offer

Is there still a 32 credit offer link out there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.