Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 22, 14, 3:18 pm   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.

Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.

Print Wikipost

Old Sep 30, 12, 12:29 pm   #31

It could be the other 2 chase cards. You didn't mention how long ago you got the last one? - usually Chase likes at least a 90 day gap between applications (I try and wait 6 or 8 months). Just call the reconsideration line on Monday and they may be able to shift credit around in order to get you the A+ Visa.
BillyBaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 12, 12:33 pm   #32

I've had the SW card for over a year and the Sapphire since January
maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 12, 12:05 pm   #33

I have never had an Air Tran card, I do have a Southwest card. My wife has had neither of them. We both got the email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
Just a thought (as to who is being targeted) - I once had the Airtran biz credit card but eventually cancelled it. Anyone else being targeted who previously held Airtran CC?
tradercj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 12, 6:21 am   #34

I got the offer too. I had other chase airline cards before but now only keeps the Sapphire, and not long ago just booked my very first AirTran ticket. I'm not sure which one triggered my invitation. I'm mostly interested in the business class upgrade for the trip I booked. Can anyone tell me how these are used and if they can be confirmed prior to the trip?
Old Oct 2, 12, 3:46 pm   #35

I applied on Sun. and it said "pending." So I called the reconsideration line just now and they said that they would put it through. YAY!
Old Oct 3, 12, 5:54 am   #36

and I thought that you were through with FL?

I am still waiting for my invite......

en attendant Godot?
henryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 9:50 am   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryf View Post
and I thought that you were through with FL?
Through with FL? FL is my favorite airline. I did put out a post a while back asking for alternatives to FL, but that was because everyone thought it would be done away with.

Now seeing this new credit card gives me hope that FL is going to be around a lot longer than anyone anticipated.!!!!
Old Oct 3, 12, 11:05 am   #38

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
i was targeted, i applied, and was instantly approved. i have applied for several credit cards as of late, but had not applied for a Chase Card since March.
koctail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 6:47 am   #39

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
Thanks for the link mke9499.

Several notable items updated:
1) Strong (conclusive I think) evidence that the Chase card extends expiration to 2 years. More valuable. Curious if one can reset/extend credit expirations at Southwest this way.
2) Upgrades are (very likely) treated like paid segment upgrades, not 4-credit award upgrades. Less valuable than I'd hoped.
3) Personal experience and confirmed by others in this thread that having had the Barclays Airtran card in the recent past does not interfere with getting an approval from Chase. No surprise here but I'm sure it'll make some feel better.
4) View from the Wing had some interesting comments re. the card from the program manager and a public link is available that offers 16 credits on $1000 spend.

Today's the last day for the targeted 32 credit offer.
msp2msy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 12, 11:22 am   #40

Programs: WN CP & A- , DL , FL A+Elite, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2msy View Post
Thanks for the link mke9499.

4) View from the Wing had some interesting comments re. the card from the program manager and a public link is available that offers 16 credits on $1000 spend.
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...-airtran-visa/
mke9499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 12, 10:46 am   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
I use to have an A+ Visa but cancelled it when SW did the take over "knowing" that the Barclay card was going to go bye-bye. In the past year I have applied for and been approved for a Chase Sapphire and a Chase SW Visa. When I applied for the A+ card I got a "your application needs further looking at" message. I am wondering if it has to do with already having 2 other Chase cards? If they approve me for the A+ card I plan on cancelling the SW Visa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney View Post
It could be the other 2 chase cards. You didn't mention how long ago you got the last one? - usually Chase likes at least a 90 day gap between applications (I try and wait 6 or 8 months). Just call the reconsideration line on Monday and they may be able to shift credit around in order to get you the A+ Visa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
I've had the SW card for over a year and the Sapphire since January
Well I ended up getting a phone call from Chase and after moving credit around between the SW card and the Airtran they approved me! Just in time for me to spend money on Christmas! We are planning a trip to Mexico next year so the 32 credits will definitely help. Although we are already have enough points/miles to get there between the SW and Chase, I will take all that I can get so my "bank" is not empty!
Old Oct 6, 12, 9:55 pm   #42

Programs: Lifetime Gold AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I was targeted also, have SW and the Business card also., with the companion pass its a two for one...

Always take more miles...
satman40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 12, 9:58 pm   #43

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycc777 View Post
I got the offer too. I had other chase airline cards before but now only keeps the Sapphire, and not long ago just booked my very first AirTran ticket. I'm not sure which one triggered my invitation. I'm mostly interested in the business class upgrade for the trip I booked. Can anyone tell me how these are used and if they can be confirmed prior to the trip?
Welcome to Airtran!

In reading the offer you'll get two BC upgrade certificates. These can be used based on seat available basis 24 hrs prior. Call in to redeem them. Depending on route and loads BC may or may not be available. Calling at T-24 would be worth the effort.

Since the Oct 4th deadline for those targeted has passed the offer for the rest of us isn't as sweet but certainly worthwhile. https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/airtran/hero
traveller001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 12, 7:16 pm   #44

has anyone gotten their card yet? Any idea how long it takes to get it in the mail?
Old Oct 9, 12, 9:00 pm   #45

Thanks for asking that. I was going to ask that, too.

I was one of the ones who were targeted and now "Airtran" shows up in my Chase online accounts but I have not yet received the card. First day that it showed up was yesterday.