Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:29 am

Qualify here as well. As with henryf, anyone have a code to spare that you are willing to PM?

Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:18 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
A code would be useless. The code causes the target's name and address to be pre-filled and non-editable on the application.

Several members of my family have AirTran A+ Rewards accounts. I was the only one to get the email. I don't know why they selected only me.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
im tempted to jump on this for transferring the points to Southwest, but this is an odd one for sure. i was targeted, wife was not. im assuming this card will be made available to the public, i wonder what the bonus offer will be. plus deadline is 10/3. i dont wanna get suckered into taking the offer now and have a better bonus or same bonus come out later.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:44 pm

Review of the offer:

http://pointsunseen.com/2012/09/27/n...ibly-targeted/
Old Sep 28, 2012, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by tradercj
Both myself and my wife received the offer. I agree it is odd that Airtran card is not listed on the Chase website.

With a new credit card being offered in Air Tran's name, I have to assume Air Tran is going to be around longer than any of us may think.
Either that, or the points will simply be rolled into the southwest program at the appropriate time -- whenever that is.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: A little bit of miles and points scattered everywhere
Originally Posted by mke9499
im only interested in this for the Southwest transfer and I wasn't aware that Airtran credits transferred into old RR 1.0 credits. there is no way to transfer A+ credits into Southwest 2.0 points? i guess i need to research transfers a bit.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:29 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by koctail
im only interested in this for the Southwest transfer and I wasn't aware that Airtran credits transferred into old RR 1.0 credits. there is no way to transfer A+ credits into Southwest 2.0 points? i guess i need to research transfers a bit.
The only way Southwest could cheaply (meaning without investing in software) allow credits to points transfer would be to execute a forced wholesale conversion of all remaining credits, both Southwest and AirTran. The finance people would probably prefer to let orphaned credits die instead.

Credit transfers between programs are described in the Southwest Wiki FAQ.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by PinnacleJew
Qualify here as well. As with henryf, anyone have a code to spare that you are willing to PM?

Thanks.
PM me a code as well please.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:47 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by aba20
PM me a code as well please.
Read post 17. This simply won't work.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:20 am

My card is on the way. After I reach the $2,000 spending minimum, which credit card gives me a better value to use as my primary card; Chase Airtran, Chase Southwest, or are they equal?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 2:22 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ThreadOfTheDay
My card is on the way. After I reach the $2,000 spending minimum, which credit card gives me a better value to use as my primary card; Chase Airtran, Chase Southwest, or are they equal?
Your answer depends on whether you value 1 credit more or less than 1200 points. I can get better use out of the credits. OTOH, points can be changed to credits at will for the foreseeable future. Credits can never be changed to points. So I have to give the edge to points and the Chase Southwest card.

Also note that Chase Southwest points count toward Companion Pass, which requires 110k CP Qualifying Points in a calendar year. If you have a shot at that, then the Southwest card has a much larger advantage.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:12 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Presumably Southwest agreed to this promotion. I was surprised to see a new AirTran credit card at all, but I find it doubly odd that the promotion includes upgrades. I would have thought Southwest would prefer to downplay this aspect of AirTran since it makes Southwest's hard product (especially the new "lawn chair" seating) look inferior.

After missing the cutoff of the old card (I had planned to apply for it a month later), I jumped right on this one.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:04 am
Suspended

Just a thought (as to who is being targeted) - I once had the Airtran biz credit card but eventually cancelled it. Anyone else being targeted who previously held Airtran CC?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
Just a thought (as to who is being targeted) - I once had the Airtran biz credit card but eventually cancelled it. Anyone else being targeted who previously held Airtran CC?
I had the a+ business rewards card but my wife didn't. She and I were both targeted for this so I don't think that was it.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 12:17 pm

I use to have an A+ Visa but cancelled it when SW did the take over "knowing" that the Barclay card was going to go bye-bye. In the past year I have applied for and been approved for a Chase Sapphire and a Chase SW Visa. When I applied for the A+ card I got a "your application needs further looking at" message. I am wondering if it has to do with already having 2 other Chase cards? If they approve me for the A+ card I plan on cancelling the SW Visa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.