Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: italdesign
Application link (as of March 23, 2014): https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CELL=626D&PROMO=DF01&SPID=F2SK

No landing page available.
Print Wikipost

New AirTran credit card: Targeted (?) offer for 32 credits!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 1:10 am

I know the 32 credit link is public right now. Does anyone think they'll ever come back with the 32 credit and first year fee waived again though (public or targeted)? I know they had a targeted promotion for this back in September/October 2012
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:30 am

Just signed up for the card Friday. Hopefully all goes well with getting the points.

Last edited by factory81; Mar 4, 2013 at 10:37 am
Old Mar 5, 2013, 8:04 am

Barclays FL credit card transitions over to Chase

All Barclays FL accounts will move over to Chase, beginning 04/25/2013.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...nsitions-Chase
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mke9499

I find this very surprising...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499

Just received my notice in the mail that I'm being converted to a Chase A+ Rewards Card. One change that really caught my eye...I'm going from "Two $50 AirTran Airways certificates on your Cardmember Anniversary every year" to "2,000 A+ Rewards Dollars (that's 2 A+ Rewards Credits transferred directly to your A+ Rewards Member account) on your Cardmember Anniversary every year. Redeem them for AirTran upgrades, flights, or for even more flexibility, transfer them to your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Member account."

My annual fee of $49 is staying the same.

Home base is Atlanta, so I could always easily use the $50 vouchers, but now I'm wondering...is 2 A+ credits/year even worth the $49 annual fee...? I rarely use this card as it is. Is it reasonable to consider closing this card down?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: A+ Elite
I was wondering if anyone here would be able to answer my questions.

I had the Airtran Barclaycard which expired in February. The annual renewal fee ($49.00) was charged to the account. Yesterday, I received the notice in the mail that this account will be transferred to Chase on 04/29/13 and I will receive the new card in the next few weeks.

However, in January, I applied for and received the Chase Airtran card. If I pay the Barclaycard card fee of $49.00, will Chase refund the fee I already paid them? Will I received the two $50.00 vouchers from the Barclaycard? And, finally, will I end up with two Chase Airtran cards?

So far, I have called both Chase and Barclay but each referred me to the other.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:16 pm

Credits with 2 year expiration?

I also received the conversion notice from Barclays to Chase. However, I cannot find an answer to a very pressing question: What happens to credits that got a 2 year expiration date as a result of having the Barclays card (a benefit the Chase card does not offer)

For example, if I have credits earned in November 2011, they expire in November 2013 since I have the Barclays card. When the card converts to Chase in April, will the credits keep the November 2013 expiration? If they fall back to one year (the default if I did not have the Barclays card) my credits would instantly expire on conversion date. A bad scenario to be sure.

Has anyone cancelled the Barclays card in the past? When you did, what happened to your credits earned while you had the card - did they keep the two year expiration? That's the closest scenario I can think of to what is about to happen.

Thanks,

-db
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dburns
I also received the conversion notice from Barclays to Chase. However, I cannot find an answer to a very pressing question: What happens to credits that got a 2 year expiration date as a result of having the Barclays card (a benefit the Chase card does not offer)

For example, if I have credits earned in November 2011, they expire in November 2013 since I have the Barclays card. When the card converts to Chase in April, will the credits keep the November 2013 expiration? If they fall back to one year (the default if I did not have the Barclays card) my credits would instantly expire on conversion date. A bad scenario to be sure.

Has anyone cancelled the Barclays card in the past? When you did, what happened to your credits earned while you had the card - did they keep the two year expiration? That's the closest scenario I can think of to what is about to happen.

Thanks,

-db
Hmm..I would think once the credits are transferred to your Airtran account, they are there with whatever expire date originally given to them, ie, would not be changed regardless. But then, I never thought that Chase would buy the existing Barclays Airtran Visa accounts, so anything is possible.

I am in the same boat, so if nothing else, we'll see next month..
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by KCKC
Just received my notice in the mail that I'm being converted to a Chase A+ Rewards Card. One change that really caught my eye...I'm going from "Two $50 AirTran Airways certificates on your Cardmember Anniversary every year" to "2,000 A+ Rewards Dollars (that's 2 A+ Rewards Credits transferred directly to your A+ Rewards Member account) on your Cardmember Anniversary every year. Redeem them for AirTran upgrades, flights, or for even more flexibility, transfer them to your Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Member account."

My annual fee of $49 is staying the same.

Home base is Atlanta, so I could always easily use the $50 vouchers, but now I'm wondering...is 2 A+ credits/year even worth the $49 annual fee...? I rarely use this card as it is. Is it reasonable to consider closing this card down?
DW received a similar mailer. Hers also indicated that her prior benefit was Two $50 Certificates. She never had this benefit as she had the no annual fee Barclay card, so I wonder if she will actually get the 2 credits each year???
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by chicagorich
Hmm..I would think once the credits are transferred to your Airtran account, they are there with whatever expire date originally given to them, ie, would not be changed regardless. But then, I never thought that Chase would buy the existing Barclays Airtran Visa accounts, so anything is possible.

I am in the same boat, so if nothing else, we'll see next month..
I emailed AirTran to confirm. At least I'll have something in writing one way or the other...
Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, AMEX PLAT
Anniversary bonus for Chase sucks compared to Barclays. I'm trying to decide if I should just cancel the card now and apply for the Chase version. New Chase airtran card users get 32 credits. It'd be nice for them to give us some sort of bonus to keep us.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by packattack12
Anniversary bonus for Chase sucks compared to Barclays. I'm trying to decide if I should just cancel the card now and apply for the Chase version. New Chase airtran card users get 32 credits. It'd be nice for them to give us some sort of bonus to keep us.
Probably best to cancel while the card is under Barclays and then apply for the Chase one. Once it is transferred to Chase, you may not be able to churn the card and get the new card bonuses.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
With this new news that the card is going away in just over a month, and me being just under 2 months from the 91 days between churns, I'm on the fence about what to do. It's an easy spend for me, but I don't know....
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Just got the email regarding the 2 business class bonuses but only mentions a purchase to use these.
Got card Feb 26th. Paid in full before statement closed.

Will these be honored using credits (award) for flights?

ETA: Just sent a secured message to A+ rewards regarding this question.. doesn't look like anyone has done this?

Today got an answer: The upgrade reward vouchers may be applied to a reservation anytime the day before the scheduled departure by contacting us at 800-AIRTRAN. It will be based on the availability of business class at the time you contact us.

I don't like it. :-( But it's in their Terms & Conditions

Last edited by duranza; Mar 28, 2013 at 3:44 pm
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: A+ Elite
I received the new Chase Air Tran card in February, met the spend and noticed that on 04/01/13, I earned 32 A+ Rewards credits. Today I received a snail mail letter from Chase stating they can't transfer the A+ Rewards credits to my Air Tran account as the names on each account do not match exactly. Actually, on my Chase card, a shortened version of my first name is the only difference.

This is interesting since they were able to transfer one credit on 03/01/13 which I earned while meeting the minimum spend.

The letter said to mail them a copy of my passport or driver's license showing my legal name and they will send me a new credit card in 7-10 days.

I then called Chase and spoke with a very nice CR who made the correction in the account and stated that I would receive my new card in 3-5 days and the credits will transfer within 3-5 days.

The bottom line is make sure your Air Tran card and your A+ account have the same exact spelling of your first, middle and last names.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.