Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking Golf Clubs on Airtran

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Checking Golf Clubs on Airtran

Below is the official golf club checking policy of Airtran. I'm flying from MKE-ATL with my family and my in-laws. Both myself and my father in law will be bringing clubs. Our plan was to stick 4 or 5 extra kids clubs in there so my kids could play a round with us...I'm not concerned about it, but my father in law who doesn't travel that much is worried about extra charges and them holding us to the letter of the law as stated below...anyone ever have any issues checking clubs on Airtran?

Golfing Equipment
1 bag, 14 clubs, 12 balls, 1 pair shoes
Golf clubs in a hooded or soft-sided golf bag will require the customer to sign a limited liability release form. Golf clubs transported in a hard plastic travel case will be accepted as regular baggage. Item will be exempt from oversized charges.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Below is the official golf club checking policy of Airtran. I'm flying from MKE-ATL with my family and my in-laws. Both myself and my father in law will be bringing clubs. Our plan was to stick 4 or 5 extra kids clubs in there so my kids could play a round with us...I'm not concerned about it, but my father in law who doesn't travel that much is worried about extra charges and them holding us to the letter of the law as stated below...anyone ever have any issues checking clubs on Airtran?
50lbs max ... Nobody is going to count clubs.

You forgot to quote the "Standard overweight fees apply"

Last edited by traveller001; Jul 22, 2012 at 6:29 pm
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by traveller001
50lbs max ... overweight fee is additional. Nobody is going to count clubs.
that's exactly what I thought...thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: AirTran Elite, Southwest A-list
Don't sweat it, I've flown Airtran a bunch with clubs and i usually have 16-17 in my bag, then choose the 14 depending upon the course I'm playing.

I'm sure they don't count.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.